Distant Locals in HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thechad708

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 14, 2005
Sorry if this is a dumb question (I'm kind of a n00b). I just qualifed for the CBS,Fox from LA, and Denver but I only get them in SD. Am i allowed to get them in HD as well? Thanks for any help.

From any sensible person's interpretation of SHVERA, yes, you are allowed to get them. However, E* has not yet decided to make that happen. Why they are waiting or what they might be waiting for is unclear. Note that if you are qualified for distant CBS, you should be able to cal and request that CBSHD be turned on. You'll need a dish pointed at 148 to get the west coast feed.

BoisePaul said:
From any sensible person's interpretation of SHVERA, yes, you are allowed to get them. However, E* has not yet decided to make that happen. Why they are waiting or what they might be waiting for is unclear. Note that if you are qualified for distant CBS, you should be able to cal and request that CBSHD be turned on. You'll need a dish pointed at 148 to get the west coast feed.
Dish is fighting (and losing) a battle to be allowed to continue to Distant nets of any sort. They probably don't want to offer new HD distants, and then be told they must discontinue them.

clapple said:
Speaking of HD distant nets, I have a question. I understand NYC nets are CONUS. Is that also true of NY-HD nets? Or are they spot beam?
At least at the moment they are CONUS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts