Distant locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

///M AZING

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Why is that some qualify for NY & LA channels and some just one or the other. Anyone know?

Legally, you can not receive distant networks from stations that show a program before it is shown on your own primetime. So if you live on the East coast and qualify you can get East and West coast distants, but if you live on the West coast Mountain time zone and I think Central time zone, you can not qualify for East coast networks only West. In other words you can only qualify for locals that are in the same time zone or to the east of where you live. Hawaii and Alaska, I think qualify for West coast locals, though.

Dish cannot sell distants. Hasn't been able to in 3 years now

Legally, you can not receive distant networks from stations that show a program before it is shown on your own primetime
through All American Direct you can ;)

You need to go to www.mydistantnetworks.com and check to see if you qualify, since dish is currently barred from selling Distant Networks you will have to get them through AAD, and your payment for the distant networks will be to All American Direct and not Dish Network.

Also, if you want to get CW & MyTV you need to get the SuperStation package, which carries WPI:mad:CW NY/E) & WWOR(MYTV NY/E) KWGN(CW Denver/M), WSBK(now an independent station/E),KTLA(LA CW/W), for these superstations you will pay Dish Network and not All American Direct, these are 5.99 a month, you can only get them if either you have no affiliate of CW or MYTV or none of the local affiliates of CW & MYTV invoke synde:mad:syndication exclusivity)

Last edited:
Central

Legally, you can not receive distant networks from stations that show a program before it is shown on your own primetime. So if you live on the East coast and qualify you can get East and West coast distants, but if you live on the West coast Mountain time zone and I think Central time zone, you can not qualify for East coast networks only West. In other words you can only qualify for locals that are in the same time zone or to the east of where you live. Hawaii and Alaska, I think qualify for West coast locals, though.

Leave central out of it. East coast & central run at the same time. So prime time on East is at 8 to 11 and Central is 7 to 10.

Is this a grandfather clause on the SuperStation package? I have the Superstation package with CW and MNTV and I have both affliliate in chicago.

You need to go to www.mydistantnetworks.com and check to see if you qualify, since dish is currently barred from selling Distant Networks you will have to get them through AAD, and your payment for the distant networks will be to All American Direct and not Dish Network.

Also, if you want to get CW & MyTV you need to get the SuperStation package, which carries WPI:mad:CW NY/E) & WWOR(MYTV NY/E) KWGN(CW Denver/M), WSBK(now an independent station/E),KTLA(LA CW/W), for these superstations you will pay Dish Network and not All American Direct, these are 5.99 a month, you can only get them if either you have no affiliate of CW or MYTV or none of the local affiliates of CW & MYTV invoke synde:mad:syndication exclusivity)

That is wrong infdo on the Supers. Unless a CW or MY invokes syndex you can get them

I had them when I lived in Minneapolis. I know Philly is an area they block the Supers

ahh, I see what I said wrong , lol, it is if that particular affiliate invokes syndex, then you will not be able to recieve that particular superstation.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)