Distant Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
Using a certain New Hampshire zip code, the Dish Website shows that I am elligible for Burlington VT locals in HD. However, when I check elligibility for distant locals on All American, it says elligible for all Chicago and LA HD locals (Big 4 networks).

My question is, if I apply with All American for the distant locals would I lose the current locals available with Dish (the ones from Burlington VT)? Do they immediately remove whatever locals you have and replace them with distants?

Also, do you get blacked out from certain sporting events on the distant local channels?

Finally, I am pointing to EA birds and I read that All American HD feeds are on the 110 bird. Do they replicate the same feeds on 61.5 or 72 for All American?

You have to have 110 for HD 119 for SD. They are not duplicated on another sat. You will not lose your dish locals if you sub,but you will have to see 110. All American is a third part co. that leases space from dish and can't afford to lease extra space. They probably don't have space to lease them on the EA birds anyway.

AAD is only on the western arc. they lease a couple of transponders from echostar and are not likely to lease any on the EA.

Dish and AAD are completely seperate companies so getting locals from Dish won't affect gettng distants from AAD.

Ok thanks.

Does any other provider besides AAD provide distant locals on Dish?

I had understood that Dish had converted a lot of East Coast customers to EA, surprising AAD did not request to have their locals duplicated on 61.5 or 72...

Perhaps Dish has most of the East Coast covered when it comes to locals...?

Ok thanks.

Does any other provider besides AAD provide distant locals on Dish?
no

I had understood that Dish had converted a lot of East Coast customers to EA, surprising AAD did not request to have their locals duplicated on 61.5 or 72...
most people got their local HD channels

Also Dish is leasing TP space to AAD to provide distants. I doubt they'd lease 2 more TP's to AAD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts