Distant Locals

BigShowJoe

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
Does anyone know if with distant locals, you also get that regional sports network without blackouts?? As if that were your home location. The reason I ask is because I am a fan of a baseball team not in my region and from what I gather, I can't get just that teams games. I have to order the entire MLB Extra Innings package.

If you qualify for distant NETWORK channels, there are no black-outs on those. With Superstations the are blackouts on the Red Sox. However the availability of Distant networks does not affect the local RSN (Regional Sports Network).

If you are talking about "moving", many local markets are on a spot beam but that also works. The RSN and the "local" channels have no blackouts for the area you "moved" to.

See ya
Tony

So in other words, since I live in SC, there is no possible way for me to get Red Sox games without buying the MLB Extra Innings???? (NESN, WSBK)

BigShowJoe said:
So in other words, since I live in SC, there is no possible way for me to get Red Sox games without buying the MLB Extra Innings???? (NESN, WSBK)

correct

both are subject to blackouts

NY Mets on WPIX are not subject to blackout
Skankees on WWOR are not subject ot blackout

My dream would be for them to split sports packages up by the team at cheaper rates than having to buy the whole package. Especially for the Red Sox Nation :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts