Distant Networks Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

311Man

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
I presently have Distant Networks with D* since I am grandfathered prior to the local channel build out. The question I have is if I were to upgrade to an HD receiver would that open the door for the possibly to lose those channels. I am aware I would probably not receive the HD Distants but want to make sure I don't lose what I have now since my locals are now available.

I wouldn't think any programming would change unless you altered what is there now. Also a move would trigger a change. Don't quote me though, but I wouldn't see a new receiver as causing a loss of DNS.

I presently have Distant Networks with D* since I am grandfathered prior to the local channel build out. The question I have is if I were to upgrade to an HD receiver would that open the door for the possibly to lose those channels. I am aware I would probably not receive the HD Distants but want to make sure I don't lose what I have now since my locals are now available.

As long as you don't remove them from your account.

I know a move doesn't always do it either. I moved and they let me keep mine. Of course I only moved four miles, but still....

I've changed packages several times and still keep my distant channels.

If you are receiving distance networks in SD will you automatically receive the HD versions if you upgrade to HD receiver?

So if you are "grandfathered" via the SHVIA and live in an area that is now locally served you probably have no chance of getting distance networks in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts