Distant networks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

logger31

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
South Central PA
I have ordered the distant networks package from allamericandirect.com and it says i need waivers. How does this waiver work and do any of you try these networks.

Where in PA are you? I'm in Wayne county I have all the DNS form All American, I didn't need wavers. If it says you need wavers,I'd say you have about an 85% chance you Won't get them . Sorry. But still worth a try.I get 8 channels form them .4 from San Fran,and 4 From Atlanta

Where in PA are you? I'm in Wayne county I have all the DNS form All American, I didn't need wavers. If it says you need wavers,I'd say you have about an 85% chance you Won't get them . Sorry. But still worth a try.I get 8 channels form them .4 from San Fran,and 4 From Atlanta

Are you unable to get the Scranton locals?

I have ordered the distant networks package from allamericandirect.com and it says i need waivers. How does this waiver work and do any of you try these networks.
To legally subscribe to distant networks you must be outside the grade "B" viewing area of your local channels, or your local channels must grant you a waiver to receive that network. Because DISH was selling distant networks where they shouldn't NAB took them to court and eventually DISH lost. DISH Network has been prohibited from selling distant networks so they have an agreement with All American Direct to circumvent the court decesion. If your local broadcasters support the NAB you can be gauranteed that your waiver will be rejected.:)

When we ordered the distants, AllAmerican took care of the waivers. It took several months, and I had given up hope of ever seeing anything, but the channels just showed up one day. Our local NBC affiliate must not want us to see distant stuff, but the other three networks' waivers all showed up at the same time, and the channels were there. The signal quality is on par with the rest of the E* stuff, so no complaints there. I don't really watch anything on the Distants, but the wife seems to watch something every now and again, so I guess we'll keep them for a while...

How about we do a search on this topic and you may find some posts from me. HINT HINT about this very stupid idea of Dish. My very crabby thing with DISH is about this subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)