This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Distribution Box Head Unit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sixersclt

Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Syraucse, NY
I have a remote property that has no cable TV, no OTA TV signals nor cellular. I need to distribute FTA sat channels to approx. 10 buildings. I would have something like 10 channels coming off many dishes, C and Ku, to send to the buildings. I would rather not bury RG59 or LAN. Wireless N would be great. I can bury cable if I have to.

I need a "box" that takes the output from the sat receivers and sends it out, so the buildings can tune to the 10 channels on a digital TV.

How in the world would I do this?

Thks

You need to describe the site more specifically. Where is it and how far are the buildings from the dish locations??

Then I would look at all the satellite lists on various sites and at Lyngsat, and would determine which stations you might prefer. Generally, I don't want to do without the seven or so Ku PBS stations on 125 west. Then I don't want to do without the C band Retro offerings of like 87 west or 137 west. That's another half dozen stations. I like 91 west lately for two or three C band offerings there.

Fixed dishes are nice, but a lot of this FTA stuff is a moving target. It's here today, gone somewhere else or gone altogether tomorrow. There is plenty up there, but there isn't really any "set it and forget it" configuration. You do have to follow the signals in order to stay happy with true FTA viewing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.