DMP-BD60 "start where you left off" function?

bradleys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2003
Seattle / Blaine / Port McNeill
So I have my Panasonic DMP-BD60, and for the most part like it.

It appears to be missing a basic function that's been on every DVD player I've ever owned.

I'm playing a BluRay disk, and turn the BD60 off with the power button on the remote.

When I turn on the BD60 again, the disk starts at the beginning (after all the delays and previews, of course).

All my old DVD players have always given me the option to restart the disk where it left off.

This isn't SlashDot, so I did RTFM.

I can't find any option to ask the BD60 to restart where it left off.

What am I missing?

Last edited:
Most Bd's use BD-Java. No BD player will resume BD's that have Java implementation where the disc left off if the player is shut off. Could it be added in the future? Possibly, but it would need to be done in the authoring stage by the studios. Best bet is to use the bookmark feature if the disc has it.

S~

Most Bd's use BD-Java. No BD player will resume BD's that have Java implementation where the disc left off if the player is shut off. Could it be added in the future? Possibly, but it would need to be done in the authoring stage by the studios. Best bet is to use the bookmark feature if the disc has it.

S~
What he said! Learn to hit pause instead of stop.

S~

Actually not completely true. Some work fine even with BD-Java. But they forget to put in such a feature in the standard BD-Java code, so they would have to revise the standard to support it. I believe those that work sort of do what is in the following workaround.

A workaround works with some. If they support bookmarks that are saved in your players memory, you can bookmark your place before you shutdown, and skip to your bookmark after you restart the disk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)