OTHER DMS International DiSEqC-Box acting weird

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SERAPIO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
Los Angeles
Recently my Diseqc box acting strange, example: Last night it was at 503 and right now its at 375.
Seems to be decreasing on its own gradually. I have not moved my Dish for 5 days.

I've done the hard reset before (Unplug, Plug in while holding the power button) works for a few days then again starts to decrease on its own.

Any ideas or is this normal? Ive had this motor for 4 years approx when they were still available on ebay for cheap

Think this was purchased from ke4est via Ebay.

Is the dish itself actually moving?

I had a Sadoun G-box do something similar, and it turned out to be the MicroHD RECEIVER hooked to the G-box that was causing it. Something corrupted the firmware in some way that it caused that issue. I reflashed it with the same firmware, and it was fine after that.

Reactions: SERAPIO
Disconnect the reed sensor wires from the back of the box, but leave the motor wires connected. See if it still drifts on sensor counts after that. If it does, it would have to be the box itself.
This is what I was going to suggest. It could also be a near by switching supply throwing out garbage. That is getting into the box and causing it to think it is getting pulses.

Ok its been about an hour and the digital counter has not moved. So has to be a faulty reed switch sensor on the actuator?

Ok its been about an hour and the digital counter has not moved. So has to be a faulty reed switch sensor on the actuator?

Would it normally have miscounted in only 1 hour? Is the wire going to the reed sensor on the motor shielded? If so, is the shield grounded on the box end?

If not shielded or the shield is not grounded, it could be acting like an antenna, and still be picking up interference from something. Have you installed any new devices lately, or even some LED lightbulbs?

Would it normally have miscounted in only 1 hour? Is the wire going to the reed sensor on the motor shielded? If so, is the shield grounded on the box end?

If not shielded or the shield is not grounded, it could be acting like an antenna, and still be picking up interference from something. Have you installed any new devices lately, or even some LED lightbulbs?

over 2 hours now and no miscounts since. I just plugged the 2 wires on the mover and checked the the motor's wires and one was loose. And yes the wire is shielded. ive been using it for many years but this miscount issue started like 2 months ago approx

Reactions: primestar31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)