DMV Area

cfkillers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
pg county, maryland
Is the DC Metro area the worst place to be a Dish customer? I have lost the ability to watch the Wizards and Caps play On Comcast sports net. I have lost my local CBS WUSA9 and i'm about to lose my local WJLA 7 in another dispute. Is this the only area having this issue?

Is the DC Metro area the worst place to be a Dish customer? I have lost the ability to watch the Wizards and Caps play On Comcast sports net. I have lost my local CBS WUSA9 and i'm about to lose my local WJLA 7 in another dispute. Is this the only area having this issue?

In Denver, Dish's home, we haven't had the Nuggets or the Avs for I don't know, like 18 months. We lost two OTA channels with the Tegna dispute.

Reactions: cfkillers
If you are close enough to the broadcast towers (which you probably are being in the metro), I would call and complain to see if you can get provided a free OTA antenna and tuner. That will get you your locals and integrate them in the guide (depending on the receiver) and if you get everything, you can even call back and have them removed from your bill altogether. When it comes to the sports network, your are right that Dish is not really the provider to get anymore, so I would look into other places if that's a big concern (although expect to pay a lot more or get less for something else that has the RSN's).

Buffalo has been without Sabres games on DISH/MSG since October 2010. We are also without our local NBC station and have also had interruptions with our local Nexstar CBS station and local Sinclair Fox station in the past few months.

As the kids say, Hold My Beer. :)

Buffalo has been without Sabres games on DISH/MSG since October 2010. We are also without our local NBC station and have also had interruptions with our local Nexstar CBS station and local Sinclair Fox station in the past few months.

As the kids say, Hold My Beer. :)
Man, when I came home to Buffalo to work in 2017, I was shocked that there was no way to watch the Sabres on TV if you have Dish. Growing up with first, International and then Adelphia Cable, watching all the Sabres games were just a part of life.

Last night was an amazing game, too, that not only did no one with Dish see, but the arena was friggin' empty.

Man, when I came home to Buffalo to work in 2017, I was shocked that there was no way to watch the Sabres on TV if you have Dish. Growing up with first, International and then Adelphia Cable, watching all the Sabres games were just a part of life.

Last night was an amazing game, too, that not only did no one with Dish see, but the arena was friggin' empty.

And that was 7 years AFTER the dispute started. We're now on 11. But that's OK because there are "alternative" ways to watch games online. And the team has stunk in the last few years so it's not like they are worth watching on most nights.

Reactions: tanman
If you are close enough to the broadcast towers (which you probably are being in the metro), I would call and complain to see if you can get provided a free OTA antenna and tuner. That will get you your locals and integrate them in the guide (depending on the receiver) and if you get everything, you can even call back and have them removed from your bill altogether. When it comes to the sports network, your are right that Dish is not really the provider to get anymore, so I would look into other places if that's a big concern (although expect to pay a lot more or get less for something else that has the RSN's).
im in an area where i can get Baltimore and Dc metro stations ima give them a call because paying for locals and not getting them is not gonna work for me. I like dish and the hopper 3 but i need to get what I pay for.

Reactions: ethanlerma
And that was 7 years AFTER the dispute started. We're now on 11. But that's OK because there are "alternative" ways to watch games online. And the team has stunk in the last few years so it's not like they are worth watching on most nights.
Not this year, they're looking really good and those "alternative ways" are how I see them. BTW, GREAT as always to talk to someone from home!

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts