DNLA, My thoughts

bcwmachine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Cortez, CO
I was going to wait on Hopper/Joey as it did not have OTA, but after reading about it, just had to have it.
Quite a bit of my viewing is recorded OTA (I don't watch too much live) so I figured that since I use a couple of computers for OTA recordings that the 722k OTA module didn't get I'd be all set with with Hopper DNLA.
I did get DNLA working using Mezzmo with the Win7 Media center, seems to handle the .WTV media center files reasonably well.
If I tranfer My SageTV files from the XP computer to the Win7 machine DNLA plays them without too much problem.

I'm going to go back to watching SageTV or the Win7 Media Center files using the computers and not DNLA.

I have decided that at this time DNLA is almost useless with no skip forward, skip back or fast forward.
With any luck at all this will be cured in the future, but until then......

OTA module will also be a welcome addition.

Note: Cortez Co. is for some reason in the Albaquerqe DMA. Cortez area gets all it's OTA from a quite extensive translator sytem, (90+ atsc stations).
Only problem is getting guide data for Media Center and SageTV for quite a few of the stations.

bcw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts