dns subcontractor

mnewhouse

Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
I'm attempting to set up a partnership s-corp to do installation/repair work for a DNSC which is proving difficult.

Though we just want to do install / repair calls dispatched to us to sign up they are requiring us to be a storefront retailer.

I've read previous posts on the topic that suggest contacting a distributor to help us through the process which is likely a step I will take but will it change the results? A distributor can help us fill out the paperwork and explain things but they cannot help at getting approval and if Storefront Retail with a business address that matches the storefront location (rental space / future plan / kiosk would not count) is it a dead end?

The frustrating part is we really dont want to sell contracts, just do fulfillment (least for a year or two to build capital). In fact storefront hurts our goals as weather its just my partner and I or if we hire 2 or more techs one person cannot contribute to the actual work as one person would need to maintain the storefront walk-in location.

Also this adds a lot of overhead that would drain and need to be recupped out of the installation work which is already being drained in vehicals, gas, and salaries.

Any suggestions to a way to get a retail number that would qualify us to sign up to DNSC subcontract work that does not require a manned storefront or is this impossible to get around?

I'm hoping subcontractors for DNS can respond on what they did to get started.

I was going to post this there too, but since I'm not yet an installer I thought responses would be "you're not an installer so you shouldn't be posting here" as I've seen some of the threads say.
Should I ask for this to be moved or just post the same question in a new thread?

"You will get better response if you post this on the installer zone.:)" -Technoguy

So far (2 days) Installer zone = 0 replies.
Dish Network zone = 2 replies.

I called Mid-State distributor and they said what I was fearing. To do DNS subcontract you must be a walk-in retail store with light sales quota to qualify to do DNS subcontract work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)