dns subcontractor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mnewhouse

Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
I'm attempting to set up a partnership s-corp to do installation/repair work for a DNSC which is proving difficult.

Though we just want to do install / repair calls dispatched to us to sign up they are requiring us to be a storefront retailer.

I've read previous posts on the topic that suggest contacting a distributor to help us through the process which is likely a step I will take but will it change the results? A distributor can help us fill out the paperwork and explain things but they cannot help at getting approval and if Storefront Retail with a business address that matches the storefront location (rental space / future plan / kiosk would not count) is it a dead end?

The frustrating part is we really dont want to sell contracts, just do fulfillment (least for a year or two to build capital). In fact storefront hurts our goals as weather its just my partner and I or if we hire 2 or more techs one person cannot contribute to the actual work as one person would need to maintain the storefront walk-in location.

Also this adds a lot of overhead that would drain and need to be recupped out of the installation work which is already being drained in vehicals, gas, and salaries.

Any suggestions to a way to get a retail number that would qualify us to sign up to DNSC subcontract work that does not require a manned storefront or is this impossible to get around?

I'm hoping subcontractors for DNS can respond on what they did to get started.

I was going to post this there too, but since I'm not yet an installer I thought responses would be "you're not an installer so you shouldn't be posting here" as I've seen some of the threads say.
Should I ask for this to be moved or just post the same question in a new thread?

"You will get better response if you post this on the installer zone.:)" -Technoguy

So far (2 days) Installer zone = 0 replies.
Dish Network zone = 2 replies.

I called Mid-State distributor and they said what I was fearing. To do DNS subcontract you must be a walk-in retail store with light sales quota to qualify to do DNS subcontract work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)