Do all metal reflectors get more signal than fiberglass for Ku?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
According to the spec sheet for the Antesky 1.8 dish, 1.8 meter,1.8m antenna,1.8m dish-L,ka,S,X,C,KU Band-vsat antenna , it has a higher gain than the Prodelin / General Dynamics, Andrew , Channel Master, and the Global Skyware 1.8 dishes.

How in the world could it have 1.5 - 2dB more gain for the same size dish of a different, more well-known, brand? Is it because the reflector is aluminum or might they just be exaggerating the gain a little.

I just find it hard to believe that any Chinese made dish would have a higher gain the the Prodelin / General Dynamic dish. maybe I am wrong?

I never thought the Chinese off-air antennas would have higher gain than the more well-known brands, but I was wrong about that one, so I might be wrong about this one too.

Probably the same way all those Chinese lnb's have such low noise figures: They lie.

Oh, and Chinese OTA antenna's do NOT have more gain than standard antenna's made elsewhere. Unless of course they have pre-amps inside, which some do. That doesn't mean they are necessarily better though.

Reactions: miguelaqui
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts