Do all new "D" customers go through this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
HSPs are considered inhouse just fyi. Contractors are the 1099 guys. Direcsat is normally reputable, and I highly doubt one of their employees could pull this off. Its just bizaar. HSPs are not the enemy. Ive enjoyed working for HSPs in different areas. Mastec and DirecSat both.

HSP's and O&O is the only people I would let touch my home period. Th contractors, door to door salesman, best buy, SAMs club, smart circle, etc are the problems with installations. They jack up and destroy just about everything they touch. They have no rules to follow, no consequences. They will wrap a mast with tape, it's only gotta pass once to activate and after that they're gone and now you're stuck dealing with directv trying to explain to them whats going on. It's a horrible thing and how or why they get away with this is something ill never figure out. It costs HSP's and O&O markets money sending a tech out and using a lot more equipment, labor, and resources and directv is only paying for the service call, not the new install that has to be done.

Hutch I'm sorry but I'm not buying that response. It is your experience only that draws these conclusions. There are plenty of capable installers besides what you have mentioned, it's a turkey shoot either way you go & only luck will have it that a capable person shows up, nothing more.

Directsat is an Authorized Directv Retailer and they ship you the equipment and have a 1099 contractor technician call you to set up the appointment Sounds to me like they just had a HACK tech out to your house to install it. I work with them in Ohio and they are usually pretty good to deal with. You can always call them to voice your displeasure at 800.213.5460 .

SIG

That's 100% completely untrue.............. I've worked on both sides of the aisle and I've seen HACKS working on both sides........... And actually they are responsible for 90 warranty for every install and will get backcharged if the customer calls and HSP or O&O tech goes out to fix it.

SIG

HSP's and O&O is the only people I would let touch my home period. Th contractors, door to door salesman, best buy, SAMs club, smart circle, etc are the problems with installations. They jack up and destroy just about everything they touch. They have no rules to follow, no consequences. They will wrap a mast with tape, it's only gotta pass once to activate and after that they're gone and now you're stuck dealing with directv trying to explain to them whats going on. It's a horrible thing and how or why they get away with this is something ill never figure out. It costs HSP's and O&O markets money sending a tech out and using a lot more equipment, labor, and resources and directv is only paying for the service call, not the new install that has to be done.

That's 100% completely untrue.............. I've worked on both sides of the aisle and I've seen HACKS working on both sides........... And actually they are responsible for 90 warranty for every install and will get backcharged if the customer calls and HSP or O&O tech goes out to fix it.

SIG

HSPs are considered inhouse just fyi. Contractors are the 1099 guys. Direcsat is normally reputable, and I highly doubt one of their employees could pull this off. Its just bizaar. HSPs are not the enemy. Ive enjoyed working for HSPs in different areas. Mastec and DirecSat both.

Now that is something recent,

DirecTv is THE O/O (Owner/ Operator). For years customers did not meet a Direcv employee. Installers were all 1099 subcontractors from HSPs (Home Service Providers) The only HSP employees were office wonks who signed up subcontractors and sub sub contractors or counted the WOs & boxes.. The whole point was to insulate the top of the heap. So now there are MASTEC & DirectSatUSA employees doing installations; using tools & stuff? The old system was such that if a tech fell off a roof they would just send another one....being sorry about the luck of the tech without the right stuff. O/O HSPs are now experiencing the costs of having employees?

They deserve it! I did not have good experiences with either MASTEC or DirectSatUSA. The bleeding has stopped but I remember the pain.

Joe

All I know is this has to be costing someone a bunch of money. Total re-install, plus a free swap-up of H25 to an HD-DVR.
As a customer I consider that I am buying a product / service from DirectV...........period. I expect what they advertise to be what I get and if it's not, they are responsible.......period. They can chose to delegate or "1099" the install and / or even the providing the equipment till the cows come home but as far as I'm concerned, DirectV retains responsibility for everything and they are who I will give blame or credit to. Straying from this policy can only hurt the customer and the business. When a van pulls in with "DirectV" all over it, as far as I'm concerned that's who's doing my work and if I have a problem, "D" is going to be who I call. Not www.DirectSat or JPSat@yahoo.

Update: All's well that ends well. They sent a new installer. He was here 6 hours. Ran new coax for all 6 receivers throughout this two story, 10 room house. Free swap out of H25 for HR21-700. Everything works great. All locations see one big list and can do all dvr functions. I have to say I'm impressed with the effort "D" put in to rectify this situation. I'm now a happy customer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts