HDDVR in camper can't get signal please help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Flyboy6lc

Original poster
Aug 9, 2013
Ashland, Ky.
I recently had 2 HDDVR's (HR24) installed at my house at zip code 41102. They worked fine. I bought an additional slimline dish from the installer for my camper. I am now in PA zip code 15672 and have been trying for 2 days to get the dish tuned in. Yesterday I bought new RG6 cable and have tried it today. On my dish setup I have Dish type=03 Slimline3 switch type =01 SWM and tuners=single. The coax is plugged into #1. I am getting a cannot detect SWM. The cable goes directly from the dish LNB to the HR24 #1. Do I need a power source?? What is the problem somebody please help. I am pointing at AZ 221 Elev 38 and tilt 68.

If it is a SWM LNB you need a power inserter. If it is a non-SWM LNB you need to change to receiver to "multiswitch" instead of SWM.

one port on the LNB is SWM. Four ports on the LNB is non.

WELCOME to Satelliteguys!

I have tried swm and multiswitch both and still can't get signal. The LNB has 4 ports. When I change it to multiswitch I get b-band converters required. What now

Yours is not a swm lnbf. you will need 2 cables from the lnbf and b-band converters for your setup. If you get a swm lnbf, you will only need 1 cable and a power inserter.

You actually have a couple choices.. You could set the dish as 01: Round 18 and the switch type to multiswitch, this will get everything working (with the exception of HD channels and possibly local channels). You wont see any HD channels in the guide, but you'll get TV.. (Don't worry, this is temporary.. read on)..
Call DirecTV, and tell the CSR you need B-Band converters for your HR24, they can order them and have them sent to you (no charge). Once you get them, they connect between the receiver and the satellite in cables. Once thats done, repeat satellite setup (using the menu), and change the dish type to a 03:Slimline 3, then hit continue... once it completes, your all set.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)