Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I think there is something wrong with my HR20, at first I thought the problems I was having were due to the CE software I was running. However I have reverted back to the national release and am seeing the same issues.

Here is the problem I am seeing.

I am watching a HD channel such as USA HD. All is good then an hour or two later, the picture freezes yet the sound plays on. I press a button on the remote such as menu and it takes 45 second to 10 minutes for it to respond.

Sometimes instead of the picture freezing I instead see a grey screen and again the remote is not responsive or very slow.

To get out of this lock up I need to press the red button under the smart card door. My receiver will run great again for hours but then again it can go for 10 minutes and then it locks up again.

This is becoming an issue. I couldnt watch WWE Raw HD last night because it locked up 3 times in the first hour, I instead was forced to watch the show on Dish Network in SD.

The other receivers in the house are running fine (although the R15 rebooted once last week on its own as we were watching it)

I don't want to call DirecTV about it since the problem was origionally a CE issue (and a lot of people reported it) but I am still having the issue on the national release.

Scott. Rad had told me that if I do the ce and have truoble to let you guys know. He also told me that if I go back to the national release and I am having issues to call Direct. I don't have Direct but was doing some fact finding about the ce release.

If you are on a NR, issue is still there, then a call to CSR would be in order. Since it's not a CE bug, would seem to be something wrong with your unit unfortunately.

I think there is something wrong with my HR20, at first I thought the problems I was having were due to the CE software I was running. However I have reverted back to the national release and am seeing the same issues.

Here is the problem I am seeing.

I am watching a HD channel such as USA HD. All is good then an hour or two later, the picture freezes yet the sound plays on. I press a button on the remote such as menu and it takes 45 second to 10 minutes for it to respond.

Sometimes instead of the picture freezing I instead see a grey screen and again the remote is not responsive or very slow.

To get out of this lock up I need to press the red button under the smart card door. My receiver will run great again for hours but then again it can go for 10 minutes and then it locks up again.

This is becoming an issue. I couldnt watch WWE Raw HD last night because it locked up 3 times in the first hour, I instead was forced to watch the show on Dish Network in SD.

The other receivers in the house are running fine (although the R15 rebooted once last week on its own as we were watching it)

I don't want to call DirecTV about it since the problem was origionally a CE issue (and a lot of people reported it) but I am still having the issue on the national release.

If you are on a NR, issue is still there, then a call to CSR would be in order. Since it's not a CE bug, would seem to be something wrong with your unit unfortunately.

I agree ... Give them a call, seeing your now on the NR software.
Another option would be to wait and go thru the next CE and see if it happens to fix it ...

Jimbo

Try doing a complete reset of the unit, you will lose all the recordings on it, but if the problem is with the integrity of the drive data, that will fix it.

After that, if you keep havign problems, the only choice is to call it in.

If you're other receivers are all ok, it must be isolated to that box.

I had one replaced, the sent it two-day in advance of me sending the bad one back, included a fedex return label. Pretty painless actually, other than being without the box a few days.

The real bummer is losing your recordings.

How do I do a complete reset of the unit?

All recordings are also recorded on my Dish Network DVR, so I am not worried about them getting lost. :)

How do I do a complete reset of the unit?

All recordings are also recorded on my Dish Network DVR, so I am not worried about them getting lost. :)

Scott,
Go into your service menu like you would to do a reset for a CE, but instaed of reset recorder, reset everything.
Also, I have done this and have NOT lost my recordings.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)