Do I Have A Case With Dish?

True, but your wife, mother, or other relative would be a new customer, wouldn't they?
True but there is no 30 days to cancel he would have to pay the earley cancellation fee and he needs more than a new name to sign up as a newcustomer at the same address. If he waits 6 mo. he should be able to DISH IT UP and pay an upgrade fee if he still thinks the 722 is more important than the 622 he has been enjoying.

NO!

As a dealer I got to go through this with customers everytime a new unit comes out..

When we had the Dishplayer 7100 units people didn't want them because the 7200 units where coming out with a bigger hard drive.

Finally when the Dishplayer 7200's came out, nobody wanted those because of the DVR 501was susposed to released soon.

So I get DVR 501's in stock and I still got people waiting for the 508.

We get a shippment of 508's in and then I got people saying they would much rather wait for the 721.

We get a decent quanity of 721's available and thats all of a sudden not good enough for people because they would much rather wait for the 921.

Ok, so we get 921's in and they sell good for about a month or so until someone mentions the new 942, so now I got people who refuse to buy the 921 but would rather wait for the 942.

Surprise, surprise one day we get in a big shippment of 942's, but wait a minute those are not good enough for us either because what we really want is the 622 because it does MPEG4.

So 622's finally are available and everyone is happy, and we are even giving them away FREE to new customers and I still got people bitching that the 722 is not available yet!

Why can't people understand this is like buying a computer, your never going to get the latest and greatest because as soon as you get whats considered top of the line something new is going to come out and is going to be better!

But to be honest with those of you out there who are waiting for the 722, the only difference between a 722 and a 622 is a larger hard drive and that problem can be easily solved in 3 days when they software rolls out to everyone allowing external USB Storage.

As far as a time line on the 722, I hear it should be available by the end of the month however by the way Echostar rolls out new models we might be luckey to see it by the end of September or a few weeks before Christmass.

But consider this, even if the 722 was available tomorrow they are only going to be given at a discount to new customers after they exhaust their current inventory of 622's.

I would be happy you got an HD/DVR for FREE with DISH unlike having to pay for it if you had DIRECTV.

Then how long after the 722 comes out, they announce the 744 which is an HD/DVR that can somehow support (2) HDTV's or is setup for an entire house with 4 rooms?

i work in an echostar call center (tech support hd receivers). the 722 is going to be in limited supply, and will only be given out if asked for directly and if available in cust area. you took the 622, signed a paper at install saying it is to your satisfaction. think of it like a car. i dont know any car dealership that could stay in business if they had to upgrade thier customers to a newer version of their car everytime a new model came out. the usb ports are enable now, just use an external hdd. i myself have a 622, and have no intention of upgrading. i have never came near maxing out my hdd. you will be surpised how many shows u can record with a 30hd/200sd hdd.

Am I old or new customer????

Here's my situation.

I signed up on July 27th for Top 250, HD, and Locals package via Internet. I was scheduled for install on July 29th between 12 and 6PM.
That afternoon as I was waiting for the installer I was getting phone calls from Dish that the installer is caught up and will show up between 3-4, then 4-5, and finally 5-6. Well at six I left as I had lot of things to do since I was still moving in. When I came back I had note on my door from the installer that he was there at 7:30PM and I was not home.:rolleyes:

Next day I did some research re service habits of Dish and came across this and few other forums where I found out about the 722. I then called Dish and explained that I would like to get the 722 and since they jerked me around the previous afternoon without anything being ultimately done I will wait for the install till August 15th so I can get the 722. I was told by the CSR that will be OK and that he will leave the ticket open and to call after 15th.

On August 9th I received call from Dish to call them to schedule install. I called back and was told that since I signed up before August 15th I would receive 622 no matter what.

I then called the Englewood CO Customer Resolution Office and spoke with really rude guy who would not even acknowledge that the 722 is coming online on 15th. He basically told me that I am no more new customer and that I will not receive the 722. I then told him to shove it and to cancel my order. I paid the $49.99 fee and it was charged to my CC so no 18 mos commitment. Although the online acct says now that it's not active I still did not get refund on my CC, so I wonder if he just suspended the account?

My question is:

What is my status? If I call them on 15th and request new service with 722, will they give me grief and consider me established customer although the equipment was never installed and service started on the cancelled order, or will I be new customer and eligible for the new rebates and the 722?

PS: I had Dish from 1998 to 2003 and was really satisfied. Due to divorce I was forced to cancel the service. I remember Dish customer service being pretty good. So you can imagine my surprise after my experience of last few days. I am trying to sign up for one of their most expensive packages, and the indifference of the CSR's and the guy from front office strikes me odd. Did Dish become so successful that they don't have to worry about signing up new customers?

I am a reasonable guy and now realize that the difference between the 622 and 722 is almost moot with the addition of the external storage on the 622, but being treated like as child and told that the 722 does not exist, and then that the 722 does not exist "since it's not August 15th" made me more determined to get the 722. I just wonder.

As far as how much the drives can hold it totally depends on what content you are talking about. MPEG 2 HD is somewhere around 10GB per hour, MPEG 4 is somewhere around 5-7GB per hour. But I would only use that as a guide, it will vary depending on the content.

There is no reason that we couldn't transfer external hard drive content to new receivers but who knows.

Full bitrate OTA MPEG2 is only 8GB per hour, xbox runs 2 hour HD movies at 4GB using VC-1

I would still be subjected to the early termination fee. The window to terminate is no longer 30 days.

That's news to me. I have an install setup for Aug 18th and when I signed up I asked if i still had 30 days to cancel if it was not acceptable and the CSR said yes that would still apply. Dish would have a small suit claim if I did want to cancel, but they try to charge me the termination fee. In my case we have a verbal agreement sealed by a CC charge.

i work in an echostar call center (tech support hd receivers). the 722 is going to be in limited supply, and will only be given out if asked for directly and if available in cust area. you took the 622, signed a paper at install saying it is to your satisfaction. think of it like a car. i dont know any car dealership that could stay in business if they had to upgrade thier customers to a newer version of their car everytime a new model came out. the usb ports are enable now, just use an external hdd. i myself have a 622, and have no intention of upgrading. i have never came near maxing out my hdd. you will be surpised how many shows u can record with a 30hd/200sd hdd.
I'm not upgrading Either,If I need more DVR space I'll do the same.

That's news to me. I have an install setup for Aug 18th and when I signed up I asked if i still had 30 days to cancel if it was not acceptable and the CSR said yes that would still apply. Dish would have a small suit claim if I did want to cancel, but they try to charge me the termination fee. In my case we have a verbal agreement sealed by a CC charge.
I didn't see anything about having 30 days. All I saw was the paper that the Tech had in his hand for me to sign. That paper was my 18 month Contract. So I guess you would have up to 30 days as long as your equipment isn't installed yet.

Umm yeah, good luck with that! :rolleyes:

haloguy: Don't schedule your installation until after the 15th (maybe wait a week or two after too). When you call to schedule, request the 722 and see what they say. If they say "no", tell them you've changed your mind and will think about it for a while.... Call back 15 minutes later and try again.... Repeat this at your leisure until they allocate a 722 to you.

haloguy: Don't schedule your installation until after the 15th (maybe wait a week or two after too). When you call to schedule, request the 722 and see what they say. If they say "no", tell them you've changed your mind and will think about it for a while.... Call back 15 minutes later and try again.... Repeat this at your leisure until they allocate a 722 to you.

There is no way to allocate one in the system, when you order an HD/DVR the system says...

(1) HD/DVR Receiver (Dual Tuner)

There is no way to allocate one in the system, when you order an HD/DVR the system says...

(1) HD/DVR Receiver (Dual Tuner)

he is right. when building w/o's, everything is classfied by discription, not part number. example.

622/722 = dual hd dvr
222= hd dual tuner
211/411= hd single tuner
625/522= sd dvr dual tuner'
510/508/501= sd dvr single tuner
322= sd dual tuner
311/301= sd single tuner

as of right now, there is not direct option for adding a 722 to a w/o. even if it is set for sept 15th, a month after the release. this may or may not change. we were told in an update to only ad a 722 if only requested, never to offer it out right. now how i am going to ad the 722 to a w/o, i will have to wait until the 15h to find out. when i do, you all will be the first to know.

okiekevn, earlier you stated "the 722 is going to be in limited supply, and will only be given out if asked for directly and if available in cust area". Which is it ??

okiekevn, earlier you stated "the 722 is going to be in limited supply, and will only be given out if asked for directly and if available in cust area". Which is it ??

Even if you do request one all they can do is put it in the notes on the account.

The key to getting one is if there is sufficient inveotory at the RSP or the local DNSC office that is doing your installation.

The only way your going to be 100% sure to get one right now is to wait for the people who ordered a 622 to start reporting that they got a 722 instead.

The first thing that needs to happen is for Dish to start sending 722's to the warehouse where they will sit until all the remaining 622 inventory is gone.

Once the dealers such as Dishstore starts to get them, then its about 2-4 weeks till the old 622 inventory is exhausted and they start installing 722's as standard equipment.

But even with that said, the DISHSTORE might have new 722 units to sell to customers, but since we go through DNSC for new activations you still might get a 622 until inventory is exhausted.

a few months ago when they launched the 222, they didnt tell us much. just like they are doing with the 722. certains areas will have it first, usually larger dma's, and then it will only be given to those who ask directly for it and if it is in supply in the area they are in. it takes a combo of all 3.
claude is absolutely correct. there will be suppliers who have it, but so they dont sit on a bunch of old 622's, they will keep them in the back and send out all techs with 622s. just like with 625/522 and 501/508/510 rec. besides, i would rather wait off on the 722, let all the programming bugs get out of it and there are solutions for kri's (known rec issues). echostar doesnt really make a big deal of a launch of new equip. us folks on the phone at echostar find out usually about the same time you all do, and then even then most of the details are kept quiet. im sure all of you realize charlie runs strictly on a "need to know basis" and we dont get to know until he thinks we need to know.

Here you go again saying that no one can get something when they probably can. You also said that no one can have 6 leased tuners - I do, as do others. What about people that currently have 2 942s? You saying they aren't going to upgrade those people so that they can keep the Voom channels that are going to MPEG 4? Doubt it. But this argument is pointless because I know you will just come back with, that is policy, and all I can come back with is my situation breaks "policy". So I guess I'll stop now.

Um...nice rant? Pointless, but nice. Actually the justification for my argument is inventory won't support installation of multiple units for the first 5-6 months after release. Policy too I suppose, but more common sense to get a customer up and running with one, and then tell them they'll have to wait a few months at least until they get another. (And yes, the whiney @$$ customers will be calling in demanding two or threatening to quit, and blah blah blah all over again... Claude can probably relate to this one.) The same thing happened with the 622's, so I don't understand why it's that difficult for you to imagine. Or did you just need to rant?

As far as Voom goes, 942's are ranging with 211's 411's last I heard, I'd need to check. The Voom updates have little interest to me. Currently subs can call in and request the 722 for their install if the previous was a 622 (all applicable fees and that fun stuff for new installations) and DNS has been instructed not to substitute 722's for 622's (they can go the other way but again, not enough stock to go around.) That said, just like with the 622's, the work orders will be queued, and filled as the units become available. In other words, if you think you're the only one on your block with a 622 or who ordered one and now wants a 722, you might be waiting 4-8 weeks (just like last time boys and girls.)

Believe it, or don't. I'll reserve my "I told you so" for mid to late September when there are still people waiting with three month old work orders.

Guys thank you for your suggestions. I will call Dish on 15th and request the 722. I will try the "call again if you don't succeed" technique, but ultimately I will just go with whatever they have, cause as of right now I already cancelled Comcast and have no TV. I have couple of 3.5" HD laying around so I just hook that up to the 622 if need to.

Reading the forums I am learning that Dish has substanard CS and that they practice some strange business procedures, but seems like the programming and the product overall is better than anything else available so I still want it, 622 or 722. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts