Do I Need an 811 HD Receiver?

deborahtomasi

Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
undefined

I just purchased a Panasonic PT53WX54 HDTV Projection Monitor, and was told when I bought it that I could hook up to any outside antenna to get HD local channels (without going through DishNetwork). I have the antenna and the cable. Do I need an 811 HD Receiver too?

You would only need an 811 if your TV does NOT have a built in HD tuner.

Most TV's (except for the real high priced ones) do not have a built in HD tuner but I suggest you check first before buying an 811.

It looks like your model has a built-in ATSC tuner. No need for the 811, simply hook your antenna up to the TV and scan for channels.

deborahtomasi said:
undefined

I just purchased a Panasonic PT53WX54 HDTV Projection Monitor, and was told when I bought it that I could hook up to any outside antenna to get HD local channels (without going through DishNetwork). I have the antenna and the cable. Do I need an 811 HD Receiver too?

I just looked up this TV it has a built in HD tuner... you should be able to hook up your OTA antenna and scan

Edit: Beaten to the punch

Of course, if you want the HD channels of ESPN, HD-NET, HD-NET MOVIES, HD DISCOVERY, TNT, HBO, SHOWTIME and perhaps CBS West or East (if you qualify) you'll need an 811 receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)