Do I need dish realigned?

mlyles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
SC
I posted earlier about audio being out of sync. I checked my signal strength and found the following. I have no signal on transponders 1, 3, or 9 on sat 119. I have no signal on transponders 4, 23, 25, or 27 and low readings (less than 70) on trans. 3, 10, and 26 on sat. 110. Could this cause an audio problem? Do I need the dish realligned?

What are your readings for transpoder 11 on the 119 and 110?

Most often, low levels don't affect audio sync. However, low levels do affect how susceptible your signal is to bad weather. Digital signals can be summed up into this crude analogy; ONES and ZEROS. You either have the signal...or you don't.

mlyles said:
I posted earlier about audio being out of sync. I checked my signal strength and found the following. I have no signal on transponders 1, 3, or 9 on sat 119. I have no signal on transponders 4, 23, 25, or 27 and low readings (less than 70) on trans. 3, 10, and 26 on sat. 110. Could this cause an audio problem? Do I need the dish realligned?

About 119 look here. All the transponders you have no signal on don't seem to apply to you... They are regional beams for another location.

About 110 look here. Most appear to be locals spotbeams, if I understand things... Trans 3 and 10 are conus.

But why not go at it from the other direction. If you are having problems with a particular channel, look up what satellite and transponder are used and then check the signal there....

mlyles said:
119 sat does not use tp's 1,3 or 9...
110 sat..tp 4 is about 75 on mine it is a spot beam for the Carolinas..
tp 23 and 25 are not used..27 has low sigs but again is a spot beam tp..
you should be getting tp's 3 and 10 ok.....26 is another spot beam tp for the carolinas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts