Do I need to upgrade my Dish?

strogonowski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
Chitown
I keep getting postcards and emails from Dish Network (see below). Right now I have a 200 pkg plus Chicago locals. My Super Dish is picking up 4 satellites: 110,118,119,129. I think I spoke to "Dish" about this once before about a year ago and when I called they were trying to sell me extra channels. Any input would be appreciated.

Dear Valued Dish Network Customer,

We would like to notify you of very important information regarding your DISH Network satellite antenna. Due to improvements to our system’s technology, it is necessary to reconfigure your DISH antenna. To ensure that you continue to enjoy your high-definition programming, DISH Network will professionally reconfigure your antenna for FREE.

To prevent interruption of your service, please call 1-888-383-3727 today to schedule a convenient installation appointment. Please be sure to reference the following code when calling: WA615.

Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer.

Sincerely,

DISH Network

It appears that you would be fine, your HD locals are on a spot beam on 129. You might want to PM a DIRT member here with your telephone number so that they can insure that.

Pm one of the Dirt members here and they will get that taken care of.Had the same thing happen to me.

I got the same letter and don't think I need anything upgraded, either. I did a chat with Dish when I received a phone call last week. They said they didn't see any need for upgrade on my account but I qualified for an upgrade to a 722 (I have a 622 currently). I declined because I didn't want to pay for the tech visit. I recently received another e-mail about it so I sent a PM to Raymond, too.

Dish is trying to convert people to either the EARC or the WARC. Single dish vs having to have 2. A lot depends on which sat your locals in HD are on. I was on 61.5, 119, 121 (I think those were the birds) and discovered I was not getting a number of HD channels that were on 72.

Dish is trying to convert people to either the EARC or the WARC. Single dish vs having to have 2. A lot depends on which sat your locals in HD are on. I was on 61.5, 119, 121 (I think those were the birds) and discovered I was not getting a number of HD channels that were on 72.

i think you meant 110, 119, and 61.5

Dish might still show his account as a mixed arc even though its not

110/119/129 is what you need for Western Arc. 118 is for Internationals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)