Do Software Updates Have To Be Unzipped Before Installing On USB Flash Drive To AZbox

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
When a New Firmware Update is required to AZbox, I understand we have to get New Updates from: AZBox Snapshots and then click on "Mirror" to download the file to the Computer. Once the Download is done, does the FW File need to be:

1) UnZipped, or Extracted to a Separate File,
2) The Separate File loaded onto a USB Flash Drive,
3) Plug the USB Drive into the Port on back of AZbox for the FW Upgrade?

When a New Firmware Update is required to AZbox, I understand we have to get New Updates from: AZBox Snapshots and then click on "Mirror" to download the file to the Computer. Once the Download is done, does the FW File need to be:

1) UnZipped, or Extracted to a Separate File,
2) The Separate File loaded onto a USB Flash Drive,
3) Plug the USB Drive into the Port on back of AZbox for the FW Upgrade?

Jsattv,

1] No, the firmware files are not zipped or rar'd in any way, they are ready to go as is when downloaded.
2] You DO want to load the file to a USB drive and rename it as simply "patch". The AZBox does not recognize the long filenames. They are just given those filenames so that we can keep them straight.
3] Yes, then insert the USB flash drive into the USB port and reboot.
4] Follow the instructions in the sticky regarding upgrading your firmware.
5] If the AZBox does NOT recognize or acknowledge the file, rename it as "patch.bin" and try again.

Your computer will probably recognize the file format as being a binary file and will automatically apply
the *.bin extension for you. If your computer is not configured to do this or the feature has been turned
off, then you will have to add the *.bin extension yourself when you rename it (i.e "patch.bin").

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)