Do TV screen protectors reduce clarity of the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinnabun93

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
United States
I just bought a Panasonic GT30 for sale since the new models are coming out and I want to protect the screen. Would the screen protector reduce the clarity a lot?

Never heard of anyone putting a screen protector on a tv. Can't imagine why you would need to.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I can't imagine paying that much for a TV and then doing ANYTHING that would reduce PQ.

Besides, I've never seen a 50" screen protector.

I'm still confused. What is the purpose? I get it with a phone or tablet, you are touching the screen on a regular basis, but with a TV, why are you touching it at all? Or am I missing what you are protecting from?

Put me in the confused camp as well.

To answer, even though I have never seen one for a tv, I would imagine that there is the possibility of a reduction in clarity, and getting it on to my satisfaction at least would be a chore.

i've only heard of this at houses where people's children are out of control breaking everything. i've personally seen a child scratch a tv screwing around.

Ive witnessed it as well. My sister when we were little "cleaned" the tv screen with a can of Lysol. Ruined it.

Personally I still wouldnt do something to mess up the clarity , and I cant see how you wouldnt with protectors I have seen if you went to that size.
Keep a closer eye on the kids is my advice (if that is the issue). Or move the TV up to where they can not reach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)