Do we really get TRU TV in HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tempVAdish

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Temperanceville, VA
Just curious... I have yet to see anything in HD on there, or even an "HD" bug in the corner. I've been suspicious since it came on as to weather it's an upconvert of the SD channel????

I watched a forensic files Friday, several actually, and looked as usual, squished & kinda fuzzy... it was a 2009 show, so I would expect it to be in HD???

Anyways, caught one on TNT HD today & OMG!!!!!!!!!! The difference was night & day!!!!!!! Much sharper, no color bleed, no stretch!!!! & it was a 2009 episode also...

It's quite shameful that TRU TV's shows look worse on their channel than the ones they syndicate out to... if I were them, I'd be a little embarrassed :eek:

So they get all the bragging rights of HD with none of the expense?

That's weird. The latin american version of the channels looks AMAZING most of the time. haha. I really haven't seen a lot of upconverts. An upconverted show is on right now though. I know a picture doesn't really show how clear it looks but I can't take screen caps.

p8088885.jpg

p8088889.jpg

Just curious... I have yet to see anything in HD on there, or even an "HD" bug in the corner. I've been suspicious since it came on as to weather it's an upconvert of the SD channel????

I watched a forensic files Friday, several actually, and looked as usual, squished & kinda fuzzy... it was a 2009 show, so I would expect it to be in HD???

Anyways, caught one on TNT HD today & OMG!!!!!!!!!! The difference was night & day!!!!!!! Much sharper, no color bleed, no stretch!!!! & it was a 2009 episode also...

It's quite shameful that TRU TV's shows look worse on their channel than the ones they syndicate out to... if I were them, I'd be a little embarrassed :eek:

For some reason, Forensic Files looks better on TNT.

I have Sky HD from Mexico. I have an Olevia TV. I think I got lucky. I have compared the colors and other things to other TVs and it looks just a little better compared to the Vizio's and other low end TVs (This was 2 - 3 years ago. Things probably changed now since I think Olevia doesn't exist anymore). I always watched the HD from OTA on other TVs and they didn't look as good as mine. Maybe it's the tuner on my Olevia.

These are the only HD channels available right now on Sky.
canales-hd-0710.jpg

Last edited:
I have Sky HD from Mexico. I have an Olevia TV. I think I got lucky. I have compared the colors and other things to other TVs and it looks just a little better compared to the Vizio's and other low end TVs (This was 2 - 3 years ago. Things probably changed now since I think Olevia doesn't exist anymore). I always watched the HD from OTA on other TVs and they didn't look as good as mine. Maybe it's the tuner on my Olevia.

These are the only HD channels available right now on Sky.
canales-hd-0710.jpg

Sorry for the off topic question, the others channels look as good?
what's the average time of HD programming per day on Sky HD.

That's weird. The latin american version of the channels looks AMAZING most of the time. haha. I really haven't seen a lot of upconverts. An upconverted show is on right now though. I know a picture doesn't really show how clear it looks but I can't take screen caps.

p8088885.jpg

p8088889.jpg

I don't recall ever seeing an HD logo on Tru like that???

me either! which makes me think we are just getting an up-convert. wonder how many other channels dish does this with. fx lost it's hd logo awhile back, is that because we understand it to be hd or they switched it to an upconvert. It used to say fx hd. Maybe it is dish maybe it is the feed. I don't know but I know one thing I have never seen anything look this good on tru tv in "hd" on dish network.

Last edited:
Sky barely started the HD service in April. I am soooo surprised with the HD quality of the channels. I've had Dish Network HD, and Time Warner Cable HD and I've never seen it look this clear!! I wish I could make screen caps so you could see it better. The only thing I don't really like is that it uses the same receiver as DirecTV. It's kind of slow.

I've seen a lot of HD programming. The only channel that rarely shows HD shows is Space HD which is a movie channel. I don't know why they don't show the movies in HD

me either! which makes me think we are just getting an up-convert. wonder how many other channels dish does this with. fx lost it's hd logo awhile back, is that because we understand it to be hd or they switched it to an upconvert. It used to say fx hd. Maybe it is dish maybe it is the feed. I don't know but I know one thing I have never seen anything look this good on tru tv in "hd" on dish network.

That is my concern too... I was thinking that TRU was a Viacom channel & they have been pretty good about keeping the OAR... To memo90061... how are SD shows on your version of TRU HD? Are they pillar boxed or stretched???

They are pillar boxed. The SD and HD channels have different programming.

Really???

I'm going to check tonight, but I believe that the SD on my 311's have the same programming on as the HD channel on my 622???

Sounds like to me we're getting a raw deal w/ TRU HD :(

Anybody still using a C-Band & getting TRU HD that can confirm different programming schedules between SD & HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)