Do we REALLY need so many music channels?!

David Dietzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 21, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga
The Sirius channels are waaaaay better than the CD channels.

Sometimes I just like to relax in my darkened home theater with just the fireplace going and some Sirius music playing. Very nice.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
THANK YOU JORDAN420...!! Yes...it is nice to have variety....Yes....I like the good sound because I have my 211 hooked up to my 7.1 reciever....but AGAIN, if I wanted to pay for music, I would have had a subscription to SIRIUS or XFM.....

unxadm

Jun 13, 2005
Herndon, VA
Maybe the question should be ...

salsadancer7 said:
I had DISH installed about 2 weeks now and there is something that bugged the hell outta me and that is why soo many damn music channels! You have CD and Sirius....WHY TWO??!!! I mean I am sure that if EVERY was asked which do you preffer... video or music channels, it wouldn't even be close!

Maybe the question should be why are there sooooooooo many Sports channels, or why is it that every other month more and more sports channels are added? :)

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Slaton, Texas
unxadm said:
Maybe the question should be why are there sooooooooo many Sports channels, or why is it that every other month more and more sports channels are added? :)
It's bread and circuses, don't you know?

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
I pick the 3 or 4 I have interest in and add the remainder to my locked channels. If you do it that way you never have to look at them again even if you are scanning all channels and all subscribed channels. I also do this with TV channels I'm not interested in. It cuts down on frustration surfing thru channels I don't ever watch or want my family to be subjected to.

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 28, 2005
knightwolf61 said:
I wish Sirius would include Howard Stern and other talk radio as well on Dish Network

then there wouldn't be any reason for people to subscribe the their product.

C1787GJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 19, 2005
MASSACHUSETTS
they should add it as a way to subscribe. I certainly would pay extra to have all the sirius channels, including howard on my dish recievers. Have it as an add on by itself so anyone can add it right to their dish bill. how much could it cost them to do this?? I'm sure they would be making money still right?

walworth69

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 12, 2006
I love the Sirius channels, and listen to them on the weekends quite a bit. If they have to remove anything, I'd prefer the cd channels.

odbrv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 21, 2004
Lubbock, Tx
More Sirius

knightwolf61 said:
I wish Sirius would include Howard Stern and other talk radio as well on Dish Network

I have been e-mailing E* for 2-3 years requesting a full Sirius subscription offering. I cannot get Sirius Radio in all rooms of my house. I have DISH hooked into my internal TV network and can get it everywhere in the house. My 2nd home is a multistory condo. I get Dish everywhere but not Sirus radio in the non south facing bedrooms or garages. We like the old time radio and comedy stations. Great to listen to when doing chores.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts