Use VOD through E*?

• Never

Votes: 187 92.6%
  • A little

Votes: 15 7.4%
  • A lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I do on D* because they have free stuff from nic, smithsonian, cartoon, USA, ect as well as their ppv movie offerings in HD. This is the one thing that E* is lacking and just doesnt get. Charlie doesnt get it either. If you dont offer the free stuff from the channels that people want to see like nic, cartoon, comedy and usa on demand then nobodys going to care about your on demand. The need to redesign the whole application. Offer free stuff from USA, Cartoon, ect. You know the channels people like. Then they need to promote the hell out of it. Once they get people going to it, they can put up hd ppv and other ppv movies as a Netflix sort of service. You need to drive people to it in order to make money, and not offering the free stuff will not drive people to view on demand. Obviously the free stuff would corrispond to your package so if you didnt sub to the top 200 then you dont get FX on demand. They need to also do what D* does and lay out a channel range lik the 7000's and corrspond the on demand channel with that range so espn on demand would be 7140 and espn 2 on demand would be 7144 and so forth.

I would if the movies weren't so expensive. Seems like everything with E* is either $3.99, $4.99 or $5.99...

If they offered some free stuff or .99 stuff on DoD, then sure, I'd try it, but they nickel and dime you to death on every little thing. So, no, I haven't and don't plan to...

NOPE it is too expensive to use. Especially when the movie selection is from the 80s and they want 2.99 just to watch something ,that comes from any basic cable channel in the regular programming pack anyway.

I completely concur with GoalieBob. Cable TV(well at least Comcast...not sure about Charter) gets it. As I've posted elsewhere here, that was positively the best thing about Comcast. Of course I hate everything else about them!

But, anyhow, free movies.......good shows like Mad Men from AMC, and many other FX and network shows....kids stuff....HD content. All free On Demand.

Dish needs to wake up and offer what the competitors offer. I'm used to it now, but when I signed up with Dish last fall, I was very surprised at their lacking On Demand.

No HD, too expensive, nothing worth watching, have netflix, have netflix watch it now, have an xbox 360 with HD movies available on demand, have a red-box nearby for renting spur of the moment dvd's for 99 cents.

I really see no reason to use Dish's offering, unless they start making it available for 99 cents and in HD. ($1.99 max)

Yep, never have, never will for many of the reasons listed above. It's really pretty simple . . .

It costs more than it is worth.

PPV just moved into that category for me as well with the new restrictions.

To be honest Dish on Demand SUCKS...

I am looking at it now and under "New Releases" it has such "new" hit movies such as..

Police Academy 3: Back in Training
Mr. Mom
Moonstruck
Who's That Girl?
The Exorcist

Folks those are not NEW RELEASES thats a look back of movie hits from 1985!

What a JOKE.

I don't understand why they don't offer On-Demand for HBO/Showtime and the premiums. I can get this through my local cable company.

I use the "TV Entertainment" part a fair amount because I am interested in the offerinngs, but mostly because there is NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE to view the TV stuff.

As for the movies from the Dish On Demand. I used it once about 2 years ago. It costs, as Charlie Ergan would say, "too much money!"

I have used the DishONLINE (using the broadband connection of the ViP STB's)service a few weeks ago, and while it was a positive experience with really great SD video quality, it also costs (in the voice of Ergan), "too much money!" And for all that money, the DishONLINE offers NO movies in HD! I am now avoiding SD and seek out HD offerings exclusively.

Interesting, Charlie always complains about his costs, but I wonder what he has done to bring down the cost of his various On Demand services?

To be honest Dish on Demand SUCKS...

I am looking at it now and under "New Releases" it has such "new" hit movies such as..

Police Academy 3: Back in Training
Mr. Mom
Moonstruck
Who's That Girl?
The Exorcist

Folks those are not NEW RELEASES thats a look back of movie hits from 1985!

What a JOKE.

I think they mean "new releases" for the DishONLINE service, meaning those movies were to have been recently added to the library.

If they are trying to compete with cable OD, they must think people are stupid. Cable OD is mostly free. Dish only put this feature in to bring in more $. Unless they put up some free stuff, forget about it.

If they are trying to compete with cable OD, they must think people are stupid. Cable OD is mostly free. Dish only put this feature in to bring in more $. Unless they put up some free stuff, forget about it.
They put in the feature so they could claim that they have "On Demand" as well. It is obvious they really don't care about this "feature" otherwise they would get movies that aren't in the public domain (I know, they aren't.. but really, shouldn't Mr. Mom be in the public domain?). So now when a potential customer inquires if they have "On Demand" the answer can truthfully be Yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)