Do you have the latest HD User Interface?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDGUI on your Receivers/DVRs?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
I am wondering how many are running the latest HD Guide and User Interface on at least one of your receivers or DVRs

I am running the CE only on both my H21 and HR20. Have yet to receive the national release

Last edited:
I have it via the CE for many weeks; not too worried about the public release as the CE's have been working great.

I'm not the tech guy that most of you guys are here *laughing my myself here*, so I'm not exactly sure what I'm running on my HR22 in Dallas. I'm almost sure that I'm still running the old GUI as I've not noticed a major change in the guide layout or display. I gues I was a little cunfused at the "SD" terminology as I'm running HD with the HR22 on my Plasma HDTV.

I haven't forced any downloads on my box so I'm 99% sure that the rollout hasn't reachedme yet. I've also not seen the blue-circle indicator lights lit recently, indicating a download, as I always turn those circle lights off after all downloads.

[edit] If I'm looking at the right thumbnails from "Charper", I see what the new guide should look like and I don't have that display yet.

Is it being automatically downloaded to the entire country automatically via the "west to east" rollout?

Last edited:
Gonna be interesting to see how this polling comes out over the next day or so. But based on the current state of it, it seems that the national rollout might better be called the 'national crawl out'... :)

Gonna be interesting to see how this polling comes out over the next day or so. But based on the current state of it, it seems that the national rollout might better be called the 'national crawl out'... :)
That's why I made this poll. I don't recall reading a post made by anyone stating that they have received the NR. I am curious to see if it has actually been released

CE on two HRs, still running the old on the one in my daughters room. She is asleep at the time to get the CE so I am waiting on that one.
No problems with it so far, and MRV still works between the two different versions.

I didn't force a DL on mine but I'm in Indiana and I'm watching the new guide. However I think HSP got it before any national release

I got a call from my wife one day saying the receivers looked really different. She was looking at the new HD gui. I am an installer and guess I got it early to get used to it and be ready for customer education. I like it, and so does my wife. It has made every receiver on my system faster when navigating guides or menus. Even my HR20 is faster. It helped my HR22 a lot.

That's why I made this poll. I don't recall reading a post made by anyone stating that they have received the NR. I am curious to see if it has actually been released

I was posting with someone yesterday I think it was, that said they DID get it, it surprised me as they are in like Wisconsin or somewhere like that.

That said, Yes, this one has been VERY slow to get to most.

I would think that they have had a few issues and slowed it down to correct them.

Just a guess.

Employees and people in the Las Vegas DMA certainly received it. Don't know for sure about anyone else.

I was posting with someone yesterday I think it was, that said they DID get it, it surprised me as they are in like Wisconsin or somewhere like that.

That said, Yes, this one has been VERY slow to get to most.

I would think that they have had a few issues and slowed it down to correct them.

Just a guess.

Slow & steady is never a bad thing; don't fall into the trap of the naysayers that slow automatically means something must be wrong. LOL It only becomes negative banter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts