Do you have to be home for dish install?

Well, it makes sense, of course but I wish there was a way around it. My wife _HATES_ it when any service/tech comes into our house. She's had a bad experience to base it on but still her view is "you're an engineer, you should be able to connect some wires inside yourself."

I'd like to pay for the install (in my case an upgrade from Dish500 twin to a 110/119/129 set up for HD) and have them just do the outside work.

Any ideas on if/how I might work with an installer to get that? Thanks.

it sound's good. but if you can't figure something out and call dish they will set up 12 day TC in no time and as a techs it kills them. personally if customer won't let me in to see what kind of system is in a hose and to check everything to make sure it is compatible equipment. i will not do the job

Like volkodav said it's the liability portion on the tech, if something goes wrong and you call it's on the tech and it can be costly if something does.

You could buy the equipment yourself and go that route.

Too bad they don't have self installs anymore, I recall putting up a dish 300 back in 97 I think it was, came in a box with a legacy single, no installer needed... hot stuff back then. :)

Well, it makes sense, of course but I wish there was a way around it. My wife _HATES_ it when any service/tech comes into our house. She's had a bad experience to base it on but still her view is "you're an engineer, you should be able to connect some wires inside yourself."

I'd like to pay for the install (in my case an upgrade from Dish500 twin to a 110/119/129 set up for HD) and have them just do the outside work.

Any ideas on if/how I might work with an installer to get that? Thanks.
If your wife is that frightened or whatever she is to have anyone in the house then perhaps it is a bad idea for her to have any service that may require a stranger to enter the home. We cannot work miracles. We cannot accomodate fear or loathing. If we are not welcome, so be it. Don't use the service

C'mon. Most all customers figure out that when they get dish or other service that they need a small dish put on their homes as they have seen one over on a neighbors houses, apts or at one of the other 13.6 million sites. Its also pretty common that you will need the signal into the house and every cust Ive ever dealt with knows there will be a new box of some sort installed. While yes I can see some customers have busy lifes try being that of a tech with 4-5 of these a day. Sorry not much sympathy here. Yes its a imperfect system but only so much a tech can do. Cannot change laws of matter, physics or time. Im sorry.
wanna bet? I am not kidding when I explain how many times I have gotten that question.

wanna bet? I am not kidding when I explain how many times I have gotten that question.

It gets even worse when it's a bundled AT&T/Dish customer. "What? You mean you have to...*gasp*...put a dish on my home?"

"Yes ma'am. Why do you think my shirt and hat say, 'Dish Network' on them?"

"Well gee...I just thought you were being fashionable. Besides, AT&T is charge of my billing and I just assumed everything would be coming in thru the phoneline. Isn't that why they asked if I had any phonejacks near my televisions?"

Unbelievable. Un-freaking-believable. :rolleyes:

It gets even worse when it's a bundled AT&T/Dish customer. "What? You mean you have to...*gasp*...put a dish on my home?"

"Yes ma'am. Why do you think my shirt and hat say, 'Dish Network' on them?"

"Well gee...I just thought you were being fashionable. Besides, AT&T is charge of my billing and I just assumed everything would be coming in thru the phoneline. Isn't that why they asked if I had any phonejacks near my televisions?"

Unbelievable. Un-freaking-believable. :rolleyes:

this is so true. at lest 1 or 2 times a day

I never had it asked, dont know what that means. Maybe the CSRs just explained it better. I cant believe the above posts for bundled services. It really must be true the CSR talk (*#(# out their behind to get the sale, dont advise of phone line fee, pull out your tv's, etc. Leave the tech to handle the cleanup when the customer blows a gasket. I just dont understand why this system cant be improved. 13.6 million customer connects, how many more could be had by just giving a damn.

What's that dishcomm, having to have a ugly tacky gawdy looking dish installed on the victorian home or not being able to change the laws of physics? :)
Both...I try like a hell to do a nice job for everyone regardless of the condition of the home. I work my ass off to find a suitable place for the dish. I put up with the occasional customer that just leaves me scratching me head. This is an example of the head scratcher. The one that doesn't think he needs to be home.

Dont know if that matters. Had many jobs were I get going for maybe 30 minutes, usually a 4 and 4, and the customer then claims A) You will be done soon right? Have appointment in 30 minutes B). Am leaving, please lock doors when you are done, C) Will be back in 15 minutes which means at least 2 hours, or D) Am leaving but my 14 year son/daughter will be here.

Hmm. Whats more funny is when I then say im stopping work since you will not be here they act mad as though im putting them out, not to mention they have paperwork to sign and customer education. No that would never come back as a TC? Yet I can only guess what would be said if option A-D was imposed and items from the house came up missing.

Can I get a little common sense here?

Dont know if that matters. Had many jobs were I get going for maybe 30 minutes, usually a 4 and 4, and the customer then claims A) You will be done soon right? Have appointment in 30 minutes B). Am leaving, please lock doors when you are done, C) Will be back in 15 minutes which means at least 2 hours, or D) Am leaving but my 14 year son/daughter will be here.

Hmm. Whats more funny is when I then say im stopping work since you will not be here they act mad as though im putting them out, not to mention they have paperwork to sign and customer education. No that would never come back as a TC? Yet I can only guess what would be said if option A-D was imposed and items from the house came up missing.

Can I get a little common sense here?

You hit it right on the head. The big issue, besides liability, is the contract. In order for it to be binding it must be signed by the person that the account was built under. There was a credit check done on THAT person.

I don't know how many times I've seen my retailers take it in the shorts when they go and try to collect on a disconnect and the signature on the contract is not that of the person on the contract.

I bet the 5 ton entertainment centers that consist of MDF construction are the worst, they dig into the carpet and when you pull on them *CRAASSSH* they start to fall apart.

I'd hate to think of what the stupid customers do when you attempt to move their overloaded entertainment center and it breaks! lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)