Do you have to return remotes with receivers?

dlarruso

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
I upgraded my 625 to a new 622 (which is awesome by the way). I did the dish'it'up promotion so dish sent me a box to ship my 625 receiver back to them. The return instructions don't say anything about shipping the remotes back with the receiver, and I would like to keep them if I don't need to send them back, but I don't want to get charged.

I know many of you have upgraded receivers - any insight?
Thanks Gang

When I did the same thing, the installer said for me to use my 625 remotes and he was going to take the other two for 'extras'. I didn't care and just asked him to leave the extra RF remote and he could have the TV1 remote.

I shipped back the receiver w/o any remotes and never heard a thing from DISH.

Would the "keep the remotes" bit also apply to replacement receivers sent out under DHPP? My leased 522 died, and a new one is on the way. Would be nice if I could keep the old remotes. Or maybe in this case they don't even ship new remotes, since it's replacement and not an upgrade?

Would the "keep the remotes" bit also apply to replacement receivers sent out under DHPP? My leased 522 died, and a new one is on the way. Would be nice if I could keep the old remotes. Or maybe in this case they don't even ship new remotes, since it's replacement and not an upgrade?

Remotes are not included with replacement receivers that are sent out.

Remotes are usually abused. They get dropped, thrown, stepped on, chewed up by the dogs, etc. DISH doesn't want them back.

I believe I've seen in writing on the Dish-it-up program that remotes were also required to be returned with the receiver upon termination of the lease. But I highly doubt they care about them or would charge you otherwise.

I believe I've seen in writing on the Dish-it-up program that remotes were also required to be returned with the receiver upon termination of the lease. But I highly doubt they care about them or would charge you otherwise.

Actually, now that I think back, when I turned in a leased 311, they did ask for the remote back. However, when I RMAed a 508, they did not ask for it and explicitly said NOT to send it back.

When I upgraded, I sent back my TV1 remote and kept the TV2 UHF remote. I put a note in there stating that I had lost the TV2 UHF remote (which I often do). I still got the rebate and everything.

THanks everyone

Once again Satellite Guys comes through. Even though I am just a casual satellite customer with no technical expertise, I love being a part of this community!

I just received the return box for my 625. Instructions said nothing about remotes.

I just turned off one of my 311 receivers that i do not use. and i asked if they wanted the remote back and the CSR Said YES they must have that back.

When I upgraded my 942 to 622, the instructions said only to return the receiver, so that's all I returned and I got my rebate. I kept the remotes, manual, cables and whatever else may have arrived with the original receiver.

i was told too that the instructions would also want the LNB and switches too but told me to ignore that information since i am not canceling dish completely. Just to put the receiver and the remote in the prepaid box and return the box to UPS.

As a TSR, I cannot think of any circumstance where remotes are to be returned, If I am wrong please let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)