Status
Not open for further replies.

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
This pic was taken today around lunch time about 40' in front of my house where a little foot bridge crosses the creek. They (snakes) don't bother me, but the wife is having a meltdown about the number of them living out front. My philosophy is live & let live. They're not poisonous or getting into the house. What would you do? I don't think I'll be doing anything, they respect my space & I'll do the same for them.

Snakes.jpg

I don't mess with them either unless I find a poisonous one right at the house, I killed a copper head Wednesday that was in from of my side porch.

I like snakes. I've had both poisonous (rattle snakes and cobra) and non-poisonous (python) snakes.

I had a small mouse problem, but I never called an extermination company, instead I would trap the mice and feed them to the snakes. The mouse problem is now gone. Watching them eat is awesome.

I never really handled the venomous snakes, but the non-venomous were ok to handle. Some friends, family and kids weren't scared of the non-venomous snakes and would hold them. My parents on the other hand are scared of all snakes big or small.

When we had our freak warm up last month, I had a little one in the front yard grass that I "played" with for a few seconds. Was real funny, he coiled up, opened his mouth and tried to bite my leather glove. Little garter snake was only 14 inches long. I'm sure he eats lots of bugs. I went my way and he went his. Now if it was a spider in my house, they die instantly. A good friend's wife almost dies when she sees a snake.

RT.

I hate snakes. I want a pet Honey Badger.

If the honey badger gets out of hand you can always get a dachshund to go after the honey badger you got to control the snakes, that eat the mice.

This pic was taken today around lunch time about 40' in front of my house where a little foot bridge crosses the creek. They (snakes) don't bother me, but the wife is having a meltdown about the number of them living out front. My philosophy is live & let live. They're not poisonous or getting into the house. What would you do? I don't think I'll be doing anything, they respect my space & I'll do the same for them.

View attachment 75978

I would move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts