Do you own and actually use:

A boat or other watercraft?

Airplane or glider?

RV - trailer or motorhome?

Tent?

Snowmobile, snow board or snow skis?

ATV?

Just trying to see where interests lay.

Yep. I really messed up by not including that option.

Last edited:
but would need a different pickup to pull.
Yea You need at least a 3/4 ton Truck, Its over 2000 lbs in the Bed, and Trailer when its fully Filled up with all the fluids and cargo is over 10,000 lbs.

I Towed it once with my old 2006 Ram Hemi 2500, It did not like it at all!:)
Also the Gas mileage sucked. It Only Got about 7 MPG,.

I can Get 10-12 on the Highway with My 3500 Duramax, with the 6 speed allison Automatic. Thats a Crew cab 4x4, with the 8'bed and 4:10 rears.

Pulls Like a freight Train.
POWER STROKE FORDS SUCK,, Maybe one day they will make a Diesel that won't blow a Head Gasket.:rant:

Yea, My Best Friend, Has the 6.4 Powerstroke Ford, You Know the one they replaced the broken down 6.0 with :). HA HA HA HA , 8 MPG and 15,000 miles it went in for Head Gasket. KING RANCH my A$$. LOL!!!:)

Buy a Cummings Dodge, or a Chevy Duramax.

These are the only ones we can count on showing up for our big Camping trips with my friends.

Yea You need at least a 3/4 ton Truck, Its over 2000 lbs in the Bed, and Trailer when its fully Filled up with all the fluids and cargo is over 10,000 lbs.

I Towed it once with my old 2006 Ram Hemi 2500, It did not like it at all!:)
Also the Gas mileage sucked. It Only Got about 7 MPG,.

I can Get 10-12 on the Highway with My 3500 Duramax, with the 6 speed allison Automatic. Thats a Crew cab 4x4, with the 8'bed and 4:10 rears.

Pulls Like a freight Train.
POWER STROKE FORDS SUCK,, Maybe one day they will make a Diesel that won't blow a Head Gasket.:rant:

Yea, My Best Friend, Has the 6.4 Powerstroke Ford, You Know the one they replaced the broken down 6.0 with :). HA HA HA HA , 8 MPG and 15,000 miles it went in for Head Gasket. KING RANCH my A$$. LOL!!!:)

Buy a Cummings Dodge, or a Chevy Duramax.

These are the only ones we can count on showing up for our big Camping trips with my friends.

Yep. I moved up from a 97 30' Coachmen Royal TT to a 2008 Keystone Challenger 35CKQ fifth wheel. I then got a 2004.5 Dodge 3500 Laramie Quad LB SRW CTD 48RE 4.10 4x4 with an Air Safe 25K air hitch. Love that truck. Looked at Ford first, then Chevy. Both were having diesel problems then, plus other Ford problems. My wife got me to go look at a Cummins that came wrapped in a Dodge. VERY happy now.

Don't get me started on Fords. Engine, tranny, brake, fuel tank and other problems. And a certain amount of more or less dishonesty in dealing with this fleet customer. So I moved us from an all Ford fleet to a no Ford trucks allowed fleet. Mostly Dodges now, but some Chevrolet. The last truck was a Chevy Duramax that was REALLY nice. They'll get first look when we start buying trucks again. When. If..........

My problem was my back, now it is just taking the time to go camping... I took my small cab over to a Mt. lake in early July, since then I've averaged 110 hours every 2 weeks, I need to go camping while the nerves are dead in my back(they will grow back in a year or so) but catching up on the homefront etc is rough with the shifts I work. I still want to go for at least a 1 day trip in the next few...

I have had a 32' Regal crusier for 4 years now that I keep down at Lake Monroe in southern Indiana...:D

Before that I was a co-owner with 2 other families (ex-in-laws) of a houseboat we kept down on Dale Hollow Lake on the Tenn. side!!!...:cool:

Yep. I moved up from a 97 30' Coachmen Royal TT to a 2008 Keystone Challenger 35CKQ fifth wheel. I then got a 2004.5 Dodge 3500 Laramie Quad LB SRW CTD 48RE 4.10 4x4 with an Air Safe 25K air hitch. Love that truck. Looked at Ford first, then Chevy. Both were having diesel problems then, plus other Ford problems. My wife got me to go look at a Cummins that came wrapped in a Dodge. VERY happy now.

Yep them 6.5 Turbo diesels from Chevy were Junk too. Good thing for the Duramax.:)

I Have a Ram 5500 Dump Steak Body with that 6.7 Cummings, 6 Speed Manual

Thats Serious Hualing Geared Very Low and with 4:44 rears
19,500 GVW
But thats for work.:D

Obviously, a LOT of work.....

Diesels sure love to be heavily loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts