Do you require to have two dishes for international?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
So my folks are tired of Charter and they are planning to upgrade their TV service to Dish since their friends have Dish they are very interested in getting it. The question is, do they need Two satellites in order for them to receive South East Asian channels and all the Americas Top 120 channels?

Even on the Western Arc don't you need the "not yet released" DPH42 to get 4 sats (e.g. 129/119/118.75/110) with a Hopper 3?

So my folks are tired of Charter and they are planning to upgrade their TV service to Dish since their friends have Dish they are very interested in getting it. The question is, do they need Two satellites in order for them to receive South East Asian channels and all the Americas Top 120 channels?

If they are using or can use the Western ARC, they can have one DISH, if the Eastern Arc two dishes. If they are getting a VIP receiver or an older Hopper answer is the same. If a Hopper 3 then they need to wait for an new part that is due out soon that will allow one DISH on the Western Arc with a Hopper 3.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My folks also are in Nevada so I take it they are on the western arc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)