Do you use Broadband or Dial-up?

chaddux said:
SBC Yahoo DSL for me. $29.99/month for 3.0Mbps. I had cable internet for several years and had constant outages thanks to the morons running Cox Crapmunications. In nine months with SBC, not one single service interruption (even when my city forced SBC to move it's lines and equipment along a 3-mile stretch of road two blocks away for expansion purposes).

I spoke too soon. Today, SBC launched new promotions at $14.99 for the 1.5Mbps service and $24.99 for 3.0Mpbs service. Although I'm an existing customer, a simple call and supervisor approval got the rate reduced. I love SBC.

Cable from Communicomm @ 2.7mb to 3.1mb..at $49.95 a month(OUCH)....on a side note.....I installed a Bellsouth DSL modem for my mother this past weekend..shes running at 1.2mb for $9.95 for the first 3months and $24.95 there after.........I'm leaning toward Bellsouths DSL service myself simply because of the money savings!!!!

I'm using Verison Wireless Broadband, worst case it is 2.5 to 3 times faster than dialup - best case 15 times. I travel all the time and can be away from home for weeks at a time, nothing better than being able to get on the Internet from almost anywhere (has to have a Verizon signal) - Last night I was doing a google search for a greek restraunt while driving in Houston... $80 a month, but worth every penny.

I love my DSL, I have 3mb/386Kbs and it is super fast.
I still can't believe that broadband is still in such short supply in the USA. I would think that all the houses with a phone line would have DSL as and option by now.

Currently dial-up due to only option available. Getting ready to move into the city in a house as a roommate that has wireless access from the homeowner plus the homeowner's employer pays for the service so that is even better!!!

All I need to do is get a PCI wireless card w/ an antenna and install it in my desktop and get setup on the system and it is so long slow speeds!

I'm interested in Sadoun's Satellite Internet offering for my sister who lives in the middle of no-where with only dial-up available.

I have Cox 'Premium' 9.0/1.0 for a whopping $55/mo after the $10/mo discount for having multiple services.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts