"DOC HD" bumpers?

1080iBeVuMin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA
Last night I saw on FilmFestHD a series of about 4 or 5 "DOC HD" channel ID bumpers, like they were announcing "DOC HD" as the new channel name. The bumpers came on just before a short documentary about a woman who repairs old mechanical watches and clocks in NYC. Someone put a lot of work into making bumpers for "DOC HD" considering there is no Voom channel by that name -- though it seems they were considering that name for awhile. I have watched lots of documentaries on FilmFestHD channel but never noticed the "DOC HD" bumper before.

Has anybody noticed this? How long have these bumpers been showing?

RANT...
So much thought has gone into the development of the Voom21. It will be such a disaster when the plug gets pulled next week. I really hope the Voom21 show up somewhere else, even if I cannot get them. Such a shame to see them destroyed when the rest of TV programming is SUCH a wasteland. I really hate most of TV.

The "end of Voom" is making me ill.

Can't say as I've seen the "DOC HD" bumpers but couldn't agree with you more about the VOOM21. There's so little else to watch and watching TV with commercials is virtually impossible for me anymore.

However, still enjoying HDTV under clear and "hot" Seattle skies, Gill

Doc HD is a segment between the movie channels and others. There's a thread on here by Mota about them and he has some screen caps.

I noticed these in early March and thought as an expansion of the Voom 21, the DOC channel might be part of the 70 new HD channels that were announced. It had a tag of "one channel, many voices" or something like it. I was excited. But now as has been said too often, I'm just sick in my gut.

Off to enjoy Vooming til the end...

SeattleVoomer1 said:
...and watching TV with commercials is virtually impossible for me anymore...
Agreed, Gill. But then again, I have never owned a DVR to skip commercials. That would help.

Have you tried to watch a movie with commercials recently? I tried it for the first time in ages. The commercials totally wrecked the continuity of the film. I had to change the channel. Wasn't worth my time. It's about 50/50 whether I will change the channel or turn off the set when a commercial comes on.

How on earth I ever watched so many movies with commercials when I was a kid, I will never know!

Anyway, we are just lamenting all the ways we will miss our quality programming and commercial-free VOOM!

Commercials is why I never watch TNT-HD, this is a non-channel to me, regardless of the HD content. I've had a DVR for 3 1/2 years and it does spoil you, but even when I watch HD OTA, I can't stand the commercials, I either leave the room or channel surf.

Same here - I HATE them.

Besides the very-very-ervy GOOD programming that's why I became so addicted to Voom21 channels - GREAT movies and NO ADS!!!

I swear, Voom's whole problem had to be getting the word out. We are not the only people who would appreciate all that Voom had going for it.

That is why this whole shutdown drives me NUTZ. Voom was a fantastic product and a great step forward, and now it is shutting down? Drives me frigging bananas! :shocked :shocked :shocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts