Doctor Who 2013 Christmas Special "The Time of the Doctor"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
2013 Christmas Special now has a title "The Time of the Doctor" it airs Christmas Day on BBC and BBC America

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...ristmas-special-gets-name-and-teaser-art.html

https://twitter.com/bbcone

Matt Smith will leave "Doctor Who" at the conclusion of the 2013 Christmas special, which now has a name.
The BBC announced the name, along with some teaser art, on Twitter, writing, "We can confirm that the title of the @bbcdoctorwho Christmas Special is 'The Time of the Doctor'."

doctor-who-the-time-of-the-doctor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if we will actually see Peter Capaldi as the Doctor or will it end with the green mist coming out of Matt Smith?

I would imagine we will at least see Capaldi in the regeneration sequence, since they didn't start filming until after Capaldi was announced as the next in line.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-christmas-spoilers-matt-2847509

Apparently Moffet is counting Tennant twice (due to the non-appearance changing regeneration), there making Matt Smith the final 12th regeneration, and thus will deal with the regeneration limit in the episode.

Amazing that in a fictional show they are able to suddenly change the rules and let the Doctor regenerate again :eek:

But, it is interesting that they never thought that 12 regenerations would limit themselves... The show has lasted a lot longer than they originally thought.

Do we know for sure who the John Hurt Doctor regenerated or will regenerate into?

He regenerated in to Christopher Ecclestons Doctor. You can see that in the 50th anniversay special

Freeze frame the John Hurt regeneration and you will see Eccleston

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using SatelliteGuys

He regenerated in to Christopher Ecclestons Doctor. You can see that in the 50th anniversay special

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using SatelliteGuys

I missed that the first time through. All these regenerations are hard to keep track of!

Amazing that in a fictional show they are able to suddenly change the rules and let the Doctor regenerate again :eek:

But, it is interesting that they never thought that 12 regenerations would limit themselves... The show has lasted a lot longer than they originally thought.
John Nathan Turner (producer during Tom Baker's final year and throughout Peter Davison/Colin Baker/Sly Mccoy) was asked about the regeneration limit, and what they would do if they came upon it. He said, "Simple, we'll just find a stone of regeneration or some such nonsense and go on ahead."

Right now they have an easy out, just say he has the regenerations that River used to heal him. She regenerated twice that we saw, and used up one healing the Doctor, so simple to say he now has 9 more. The Mawdryn Undead episode showed that regenerations could be transfered from one person to another.

Loved his comment about the ears, since that's the first thing Eccleston commented on when he first saw himself in the mirror in "Rose".

I thought it was kinda slow as well, especially in the middle.

After all the clothing hollogram setup early, when she saw the younger Doctor in the Tardis, I was expecting it to be an already regenerated 13th Doctor using a Smith hollogram to say goodbye before revealing his new face.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)