DOD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Im getting the other half of my powerline setup this week with plans to tinker with DOD. I know its nothing near what comcast has, but Im kinda curious what it is.

Is it mainly just some SD and HD free programming, or does it have new movies in HD? Or are the new HD movies left for PPV?

How is the D* PPV HD selection and PQ?

The D* VOD has a lot of SD content that is free, but very little free HD content. If you subscribe to Smithsonian and some of the movie channels (I think just Showtime) you will get those as well. Otherwise, most of the HD stuff has a charge. Most new movies are available in HD for $4.99. There is also NBC VOD, which several tv show in HD. Those cost I think $1.99 an episode. Everything that I've downloaded via VOD HD has had great picture quality.

Cool. I know their SAT PPV channels generally have pretty recent new releases, is it the same for VOD? Or it is older stuff and all the new stuff is on SAT PPV.

Glad to see NBC on there, would be nice if they added ABC and CBS at $1.99/ep.

The VOD movies are pretty new too. I think that PPV and VOD are carrying some of the same movies (VOD carries older ones as well). It's just a matter of if you want to wait for the download or wait for the next showing. There are even some of the VOD movies that are instantanly viewable. I would bet 5 to 10 of those are available.

I know AppleTv and Vudu have to wait 30 days generally after the dvd is releases. Do the same rules apply for Directv PPV movies? Or do they come out fairly soon after the dvd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)