Does 811 work with 148 Wing?

smokoff

Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
I've seen the thread indicating that people are struggling with getting the 811 to work with the 148 satellite. I have not, however, seen anyone indicate they have a working configuration.

Dish was out 3 times this week to try and install and get working my 811 w/ the 148 satellite. They tried swapping with a new receiver, legacy hardware and now dishpro hardware. Nothing. The Dish installer was hung up on 3 times when he called in for support and finally gave up. Seems Dish technical support is also clueless.

Bottom line - I want CBS-HD on my 811. Is this working for anyone? If so, what is the configuration?

smokoff said:
I've seen the thread indicating that people are struggling with getting the 811 to work with the 148 satellite. I have not, however, seen anyone indicate they have a working configuration.

Dish was out 3 times this week to try and install and get working my 811 w/ the 148 satellite. They tried swapping with a new receiver, legacy hardware and now dishpro hardware. Nothing. The Dish installer was hung up on 3 times when he called in for support and finally gave up. Seems Dish technical support is also clueless.

Bottom line - I want CBS-HD on my 811. Is this working for anyone? If so, what is the configuration?
Many folks here have reported that the 811 will see 148 just fine with Legacy hardware, LNB's and Switches. It will NOT work with Pro hardware now, even though it did a month ago.
Yesterday no one got CBS-HD due to the contract squabble but that has been corrected. CBS is back.

This was not placed in the other thread because it was full of people complaining about things not working (5 pages worth). I want to know if anyone has it working - the exact opposite question.

Yes - I'm aware that CBS was off-line. This has nothing to do with 148 reception with an 811.

The dish installer tried legacy first w/o luck.

smokoff said:
This was not placed in the other thread because it was full of people complaining about things not working (5 pages worth). I want to know if anyone has it working - the exact opposite question.

Yes - I'm aware that CBS was off-line. This has nothing to do with 148 reception with an 811.

The dish installer tried legacy first w/o luck.

My 811 works with 148. My configuration is Legacy hardware with 2 SW21 switches (I have a second receiver).

My 811 works with 148 also. 2 SW64. 921, 811, 6000 and a 508. 301 and 2700 on a closet shelf taking up space.

I was told I had to pick up CBS_HD from the 61.5 bird....can I pick up CBSHD from 148 and if I can, how do I configure my receiver to get it? thanks.

sprinklerguy said:
I was told I had to pick up CBS_HD from the 61.5 bird....can I pick up CBSHD from 148 and if I can, how do I configure my receiver to get it? thanks.

Not sure where you are from, or what sats you are pointing at.

the 61.5 has CBSHD east and the 148 has CBSHD west.

That said I can't get CBSHD west off of the 148 because of some compatibiliy problem with the 811/proswitches it used to work fine. It doesn't now (although is I connect the reciever directly to the 148 sat I can get CBSHD and all the other 148 channels.)

I have heard of some people repointing their 148 Dish at 61.5, and getting DISH to turn on the CBSHD east even though they are on the west coast. But then I would also loose my locals (which I can still get off of my other tuner).

I am in Colorado and use 119 and 110 birds.
So you might be telling me it is possible to pick up three satellites from my dish? or would I need a superdish?

Wow...this would be great...no 2nd dish to put up for my wife to complain about!

sprinklerguy said:
So you might be telling me it is possible to pick up three satellites from my dish? or would I need a superdish?

Wow...this would be great...no 2nd dish to put up for my wife to complain about!

No you can't get 3 satellites on the single 500 you have now. Superdish is not your way out either. You must add a second 18" dish and point it either at 61.5 or 148 to get what you want.

smokoff said:

Did they try changing LNB's and switch to Legacy or just one or the other? I hear that the LNB's for both dishes and switch have to be Legacy to work.

sprinklerguy said:

I'm in Cortez. You need the 2nd dish. For some strange reason Cortez is in the Albuquerque DMA, and some of the Albuquerque locals are on 148 also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts