does 811 work with legacy lnb's and sw-21 switch

shelly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2003
I have 2 dishes pointed at 61.5 (Dish 300 + Voom 24" dish). I also have a Dish 500 pointed to 110/119.

I have two outputs of the 300 + two outputs of the 500 going to 2 sw-21 switches, with output feeds into two rooms.

This was my old Dish system with 6000 receivers.

Will this setup work with 2 811's if I reup with Dish?

Any reason why I could not also use, instead of the Dish 300 18" dish, my larger Voom dish (pointed at 61.5) which has legacy lnb?

Shelly

shelly said:
I have 2 dishes pointed at 61.5 (Dish 300 + Voom 24" dish). I also have a Dish 500 pointed to 110/119.

I have two outputs of the 300 + two outputs of the 500 going to 2 sw-21 switches, with output feeds into two rooms.

This was my old Dish system with 6000 receivers.

Will this setup work with 2 811's if I reup with Dish?

Any reason why I could not also use, instead of the Dish 300 18" dish, my larger Voom dish (pointed at 61.5) which has legacy lnb?

Shelly
I have been a E* user for many years before I took the VOOM plunge in Dec 04. I put my E* account in long vacation mode ($5) since December. I have reinstalled my DISH 500 with the legacy LNB's that were installed when I upgraded to the 510 PVR. I still have the 18" dish and a legacy LNB. Can I use these LNB's with a 811 or do I need to change to DISH PRO LNB's?

'What model LNB(s) are on the 500? If it is a twin or a quad use an sw21 and combine the 500 with the 300 dual. If it is 3 legacy duals you would need a sw64

Dish Dude said:
'What model LNB(s) are on the 500? If it is a twin or a quad use an sw21 and combine the 500 with the 300 dual. If it is 3 legacy duals you would need a sw64
It is not a quad and went through a sw21 block to just one receiver.

What JohnDoe#2 said.

Dish Dude needed to read the original post a little closer. ;)

The typical Legacy Twin, Legacy single (or dual), and 1 or 2 SW-21's is a good setup, and there's no need to mess with it until you need feeds to more receivers.

Thanks guys. I thought that I was good to go.

Funny thing is I had called Dish on 4/22 to get new installation on 4/30 but cancelled the same day as I decided to try Comcast.

Today I got a bill for 2 months Dish programming service, beginning on 4/22. Even if I had not cancelled, I was being charged from the date of my phone call, not a week later when the installation was due.

I had to speak to 2 people to clear my account. Each person read back to me the notes that I had cancelled that same day and I was now asked if I wanted to terminate my account. What account? I never started my service but try to explain that to a csr.

Anyway, I hope it has been cleared up. If I go back to Dish (once the Voom channels are in place, I'll go back in my wife's name and phone number (both different from mine.)

But one more question.

Is there any reason why I could not use my 24" Voom dish pointed at 61.5? It has legacy lnb.

Shelly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts