Does a 722k come with a smart card?

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
I got a 722K that I sold on eBay a few days ago.

The buyer is claiming I didn't send him the card.

Are the 722Ks still using an internal smart card, or did dish start shipping them with external smart cards?

Did he even try to activate it yet? But yeah, no 722k that I am aware of has ever had an external smart card. They weren't even out before the G3 cards came out.

Hopper has G4 cards though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Thanks for all the responses!

I wake up this morning and get several emails from ebay and the buyer complaining that the 722K I sold him was "Not as described"

I finally get to the bottom of this and had to call in and activate this myself on behalf if the customer this afternoom.

Turns out the whole problem started out with some dumb CSR at Dish who told the customer I ripped him off, and said that I should have included the card and wanted to sell him one for $50.

Thanks for all the responses!

I wake up this morning and get several emails from ebay and the buyer complaining that the 722K I sold him was "Not as described"

I finally get to the bottom of this and had to call in and activate this myself on behalf if the customer this afternoom.

Turns out the whole problem started out with some dumb CSR at Dish who told the customer I ripped him off, and said that I should have included the card and wanted to sell him one for $50.

Par for the course, sadly I expect nothing less from their csr's. You should've included said satellite guys information for him to join up :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

Last edited:

UnbeLEEvable! So, how do you activate on behalf of a customer? I thought the customer had to do that.

The CSR should be able to locate the newly purchased receiver and see the account it is on and that it is purchased and not leased. Then should be able to transfer it over to the new owners account with no problem. As long as the box shows as purchased and no outstanding balance then they should be able to transfer it immediately. It sounds like you may have spoken with an agent who was confused or may not have transferred a receiver before.

I'm betting the buyer never even called Dish. He just expected there to be a card in the slot, freaked out when he didn't see one, and never before saw a receiver with an embedded card.

So he right away jumped to the conclusion that he was cheated and filed the "significantly not as described" claim.

I'm betting the buyer never even called Dish. He just expected there to be a card in the slot, freaked out when he didn't see one, and never before saw a receiver with an embedded card.

So he right away jumped to the conclusion that he was cheated and filed the "significantly not as described" claim.
He then proceeded in a frenzy to call E* and got the idiot on the other end crazy too. He was probably scream my DVR doesn't have a card WTF do I do.

The CSR's don't know what the heck is going on half the time, misinforming customers and so forth, and it is not just Dish Network either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)