Does anyone has news on 129w

It is really ridiculous to sell the Dish 1000's with a really "marginal" 129 signal. My contractors have lost business because of the eradic problems with that bird. Dish is refusing to grant any extra monies to the dealer/installer to put up a second "wing" dish.

If they are moving more of the HD to 129 and a solution is not found, Dish will lose their leg up on DirecTV on quantity of channels available, especially now until DirecTV gets their problem 5 lnb dishes fired up.

This time, the customer and field people lose,,,,,

Yep, the customer is getting hosed here, big time. 129 is so marginal that it makes watching the HD channels there painful and and fairly pointless with the LOS issue every 20 minutes or so.

E* really needs to do something about this, and soon. I don't want 2 dishes out there - that's why I paid to get the 1000 instead of another 500. 129 wasn't this bad even 2-3 months ago. It used to be quite watchable and has been getting worse as time goes on. Is it an electronic/equipment issue with the sat or just that the 1000 isn't a big enough dish?

I read that the 129 sat is only operating at half strength. Someone said that in order to use full strength they would have to use only half the transponders but I don't know why that would make a difference. Why doesn't Dish just fire the whole sat up full power? Wouldn't that fix the problem?

I just slapped a 3rd dish on my roof (a Dish300 to point at 129) and scrapped the Dish1000. What's sad is that I only gained about 8 points on the signal strength meter. Transponder 11 is 74-76 & 30 is 79-81, and I spent 30 min. trying to fine tune the sucker. If you breathe on it the wrong way you'll lose a couple of points. :(

It just started raining and my signals on 129 dropped to the 45-50 range; now the Voom channels are gone. :(

Last edited:
I have been having to put up a second dish for some people here as well because of the low look angle and the trees blocking it where 110 and 119 comes in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts