Does anyone has news on 129w

alex06

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Hi guys does anyone knows what is gonna happen with sat 129w, will it be replace by E-6, or E* is addressing this sat soon enough as everyone knows this sat has problems with signal dropouts, on several part of continental US.

Thanks

I believe most of the stuff on 129, is being moved as we speak, and should be done around 5/5/06. just had my system installed and was told by installer that if Iwanted locals to wait till then and in my area they would be on 110 by that date.

budda

which area you in? Some Wisconsin locals are already moved to 110 (Milwaukee, LaCrosse/Eau Claire, Green Bay)

edit: I checked www.dishchannelchart.com and the only DMA in Wisconsin NOT on 110 right now is Wausau. The rest are (Mpls, Duluth, LaCrosse/Eau Claire, Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay)
(oh there is one county in Wisconsin in Marquette, MI DMA and they arent on Dish at all) :)

Last edited:
stuart628 said:
I believe Hd will stay on 129/61.5 could be wrong, but that is my belief

This is very important for me. Any other input??????

I have no LOS to 110 and get HD Minneapolis from 129.

Any one have a link or inside info on HD locals staying on 129???????

It only makes sense they be moved to the local spot beam. (110)

Mpls HD locals wont be moved to 110.....the spotbeam can only hold 12 channels and there are 9 Mpls locals...they'll probably add Mankato local (DMA only has CBS) to the spotbeam

(and you have a LOS to 110...you're just out of the spotbeam from your other posts):)

little addition to the above

there are only 2 spotbeams in the Mpls DMA and those are TP 4 & 12 and have 14 channels on them (9 Mpls & 5 Duluth locals)

Iceberg said:
Mpls HD locals wont be moved to 110.....the spotbeam can only hold 12 channels and there are 9 Mpls locals...they'll probably add Mankato local (DMA only has CBS) to the spotbeam

(and you have a LOS to 110...you're just out of the spotbeam from your other posts):)

Very observant! :) Actually it isn't even me. Just wanted to simplify for a good answer.

I've fielded many calls about loss of signal from being out of the spotbeam. I have been afraid to recommend HD as a solution until I had an answer.

Your answer makes perfect sense. Only 12 channels. And I assume the HD feeds even eat up more bandwith.

That answers my question.

Tnx Ice

yep...even on MPEG 4 the 4 HD channels take up the whole TP

This is on the MN spotbeams
TP12 has room for 7 SD channels
TP4 has room for 3 SD channels

I think those have moved to 110 now (or will bein a few cases)

I don't think there will be any SD locals on 129 when the 110 moves are complete

I am in the Charleston/Huntington WV market. They had our market switch from the 105 SuperDish market to the 129 Dish1000 market last summer but most people are still receiving their locals on 105 SuperDish here. Some people cannot receive 129 here because of the low look angle and trees/hills so I am trying to figure out when they are going to go to 110 in which can be picked up much easier.

What is being move and where to ? My main concern is that this sat 129w has continuous signal dropouts on sevreral parts of the US E* denies this offcourse saying that I am the only one wtih this kind of problems, so any help or post from who has this same problems on the West Cost please post it

alex06 said:
What is being move and where to ? My main concern is that this sat 129w has continuous signal dropouts on sevreral parts of the US E* denies this offcourse saying that I am the only one wtih this kind of problems, so any help or post from who has this same problems on the West Cost please post it

Yes this is a wide spread issue on the west coast. All you can do is keep calling tech support they will send tech after tech out to try and resolve the issue, replace your receiver at least twice, punch numerious holes in your roof trying different dishes and send out an area manger before they will admit that you cannot recieve the 129 programing reliably and only than will they issue a credit on your bill. Word is they will be adding Seattle and Portland HD locals in early May if they put them on 129 we will finally have absolute proof that Dish is asleep at the wheel as we have all long suspected.

i wish they'd either mirror the HD locals on 61.5 or move them off 129... i'd love to swing dish #2 back over to 61.5 but then i'd lose my HD locals... I live in LA so the 129 breakups suck, they haven't been as bad since i've moved to the 2 dish setup but still it will tile during a bright clear day.

129 in PacNW

mkephart said:
Yes this is a wide spread issue on the west coast... you cannot recieve the 129 programing reliably and only than will they issue a credit on your bill. Word is they will be adding Seattle and Portland HD locals in early May .

Can someone clarify what the issue is for those of us in the Pacific NW having so much difficulty with 129 reception? It shouldn't be LOS. Is it a abnormally low signal strength from the sat itself or something else altogether? Thanks

Bill

I agree. What's the problem with 129? I was watching a movie on UHD last night and about every 20 minutes or so the signal blitzes-out into digital freeze and after a couple of minutes, it comes back. The third time it did it, it locked up my 622 and I had to a front-panel reset to get it working again.

Are there any plans by E* to resolve this issue any time soon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts