Does anyone have this Package?

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
Right now I have Bronze and HD add on,however I am thinking of upgrading to the Bronze with HD and Family Pack.I havent been able to find out if I upgrade to this package and have the HD add on will the few channels that are available in Family Pack(Biography,Science etc)will I be able to have those in HD.Anyone who has this package please let me know,CSRs each give me a different answer.

Right now I have Bronze and HD add on,however I am thinking of upgrading to the Bronze with HD and Family Pack.I havent been able to find out if I upgrade to this package and have the HD add on will the few channels that are available in Family Pack(Biography,Science etc)will I be able to have those in HD.Anyone who has this package please let me know,CSRs each give me a different answer.
If I understand what you are trying to get, you want the Family Pack as your base package and the HD Add-on. If that is the case, then you would get any HD channels that are in the Family Pack.

Geoff

If I understand what you are trying to get, you want the Family Pack as your base package and the HD Add-on. If that is the case, then you would get any HD channels that are in the Family Pack.

Geoff
No your not understanding the question,there is an add on Family Pack that you can add on to Bronze(Family Pack is not the base Package,Bronze is)this package is hard to find in their programming page,but it is there).
As Family Pack as your Base Package you dont have the option to add on any HD ,only when you have Bronze or above as base programming.
Please only those who have had or still have this package tell me if with HD add on do you get whats in Family Pack in HD also, when you have Bronze plus HD plus add on Family Pack (19.99 add on to Bronze)

I didn't know that the Family Pack was an add-on. I thought it had to be bought by itself, and couldn't BE added on to. Are you sure that you understand it correctly?

I had this discussion here a while back.

For those who think it cannot be done, if you go into your account and click on the button that allows you to choose your programming, it is one of the options.

If I remember the consensus correctly it was that you would not get the channels in the Family Pack in HD. You cannot get the HD add-on with the family pack (at least you could not at the time) so they were not eligible for HD. I too wanted the family pack for a variety of reasons (like the fact that the "bad" channels simply are not visible, you don't have to worry about industrious kids unlocking them accidentally), but alas, it was too good to be true.

The person who mentioned getting gold instead is correct from a $$ perspective, however I disagree wholeheartedly about the stupid part. I would do it if I got those channels in HD as well. It is *not* more cost effective to get Gold overall (Gold - 57.99 DishFamily with Bronze - 54.98), you just get more channels so on a channel per channel basis it's cheaper. However you don't get the benefits from the Family Pack which is really what I wanted. I just want those channels in HD too

I had this discussion here a while back.

For those who think it cannot be done, if you go into your account and click on the button that allows you to choose your programming, it is one of the options.

If I remember the consensus correctly it was that you would not get the channels in the Family Pack in HD. You cannot get the HD add-on with the family pack (at least you could not at the time) so they were not eligible for HD. I too wanted the family pack for a variety of reasons (like the fact that the "bad" channels simply are not visible, you don't have to worry about industrious kids unlocking them accidentally), but alas, it was too good to be true.

The person who mentioned getting gold instead is correct from a $$ perspective, however I disagree wholeheartedly about the stupid part. I would do it if I got those channels in HD as well. It is *not* more cost effective to get Gold overall (Gold - 57.99 DishFamily with Bronze - 54.98), you just get more channels so on a channel per channel basis it's cheaper. However you don't get the benefits from the Family Pack which is really what I wanted. I just want those channels in HD too

The main reason I wanted to add on Family pack was really to receive 1 channel(Biography)but if its not going to be in HD whats the point.
Cost wise moving up to Gold HD package wouldnt be only a few dollars more.I am just upset at the fact in Order to get Bio channel I have to move up 2 packages,why cant Bio be in the 200 package or by ala Carte.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)