Does Anyone Have Tivo With Cablecard??????????????????????????????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
i know any one with digital cable has a problem with changing channels. Sometimes it takes 2 seconds, and sometimes it takes 4 seconds. I have a scientific atlanta 8300hd, and i have tried the other non dvr cable boxes and it is still slow. THIS IS SO HORRIBLY ANNOYING.

I was wondering if anyone opted to use a cable card with their tivo system, and if this made the channel changing any faster?????????? if so by how much???????

also verizon channels take about 1 second to change. if you count "1 missisipi" slowly, thats about how long it takes. Its better then cable but still too slow.

One of the guys I work with has one.. he swears by the thing.. I'll ask him how quick the channel changing is, but generally I don't channel change I either surf the guide or did the quick search (just the bottom bar changes).. at least I did when I had cable :)

he said the same thing I did "Who doesn't use the guide?!" .. lol

but he said it's much faster than the cable box (I think he had the scientific atantic boxes before getting the tivo)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)