Does anyone know what the fee is for disconnecting the DSR 530 before the commitment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
OK I just got *C in December. the picture had lots of video noise on standard def., so the retailer sent me another unit.

The new unit has a slight better picture, but now, the picture pops out, every 20-40 minutes, it last about 1-3 seconds.

When I spoke to the retailer, he told me that he did not have *C; he used EV at his home.

I no longer want *C and was wondering what the penalty would be to disconnect before the year was up. I read on one spot that it would be $100CAD, but, I read somewhere else that, since they took another $100 off the price, they added $100 on the commitment.

I did buy the until the same week it went down in price, so, Is it true that I have a $200 penalty???

I just want to sell the receiver and LNB online and go to either Dish Network or cable.

Hi,

The penalty is, and they will not budge on it, $200 Canadian.

Star Choice have awesome customer service but the fangs come out if you try to leave.

Kryspy

edit: I should add that they waive the $200 in exchange for the receiver :)

Thanks for the info!!!

I know that I'm the only one here who HATES *C!! Perhaps, their other receivers put out a better signal.

Note: I have not even complained about the lockups and missed recordings!!!

I have learned....Just because the compression rate is lower, the picture is not always better!

I assume that they would not let me sell the DSR 530 on Ebay and just get a cheap receiver to use until the commitment is over??

IF ONLY EV HAD NOT GONE TO RENTAL ONLY!!!

Thanks Kyspy!!!!

I knew I would not be able to get a direct answer from my retailer or broker!!

I'll just get a 315 and dump the 530!!

I wonder if I were to....replace the 530 with a 315, sell the 530, then cancel, if they would waive the $200 , if I were to send it back.???

Just trying to figure out how to play their game!!:)

miguelaqui said:
Thanks Kyspy!!!!

I knew I would not be able to get a direct answer from my retailer or broker!!

I'll just get a 315 and dump the 530!!

I wonder if I were to....replace the 530 with a 315, sell the 530, then cancel, if they would waive the $200 , if I were to send it back.???

Just trying to figure out how to play their game!!:)

Are you with them direct or a broker? A broker I assume?

What committment and how long do you have with them - and for what service?

East or West?

HDTVFanAtic said:
Are you with them direct or a broker? A broker I assume?

What committment and how long do you have with them - and for what service?

East or West?
Broker... East

I personally would pick up a DSR505, and switch to that.. the SD is perfectly fine on that reciever.

Well, i guess miguelaqui isnt going to answer his personal message about me taking over his SC sub and letting him sell his STB.

Oh Well.

Guess he wasnt that unhappy afterall.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Well, i guess miguelaqui isnt going to answer his personal message about me taking over his SC sub and letting him sell his STB.

Oh Well.

Guess he wasnt that unhappy afterall.
Sorry...It was sent to my email, which I did not check until today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)