Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Horse Creek, CA
If this stuff works??
rain_sheild.jpg

downriver said:
If this stuff works??
rain_sheild.jpg
If you can figure out how to spray it a couple of miles above your dish it might work. Or you could move to the Dallas TX area we are having a major lack of rain, we would love some rain fade.:)

I use it in New Orleans and it has significantly reduced the amount of rain fade events, but not completely eliminated them. I still see some rainfade with very heavy cloud cover and when it rains about 2 inches an hour. I think it works well.

Bill

How can this work? Doesn't rain fade have to do with what is happening between the SAT and the dish, not on the dish? I do not have it happne often at all but when it has the "rain fade" has happend to me when the storm is aproaching and no rain is happing or very little at my dish but it is storming very close. I would be VERY sceptable of this.

Hey Guys,

I thought the same as you, but the use of the product changed my mind . It even worked during TS Cindy at the peak of the storm!!!!! It is raining right now in New Orleans and I have no rain fade at all . Before the satellite signal would be out of service, but now I have a lot less in and out signals. I think it is simliar to RainX. It does not hurt the surface of the DISH.

Last edited:
At first i thought this was the STUPIDEST product on Earth. Then I went to the Satellite Expo and saw the product there with my own eyes and was amazed with what I saw.

I am now a true believer in the product and use it myself. It won't stop all rain fade but it helps A LOT!

downriver said:
:eek: Well Dang that WAS a good thread! I get marginal signal on the 129 with a d1000 and we have been getting quite a bit of rain. What the heck, I think I'll give it a try!

Seems to me that all it does is bead up the water and make it run off rather than letting it stick to the dish. If that's the case wouldn't some car polish be a lot cheaper than $29 a can?

Chan

I thought the same. Now all I do with the can is shake it and spray. 15 second activity. I works great. Lasts a while to0. :D

Bill

I actually got some in stock at the Dishstore if anyone is intrested. I think its like $20 per can!

Funney thing is that I was spraying it around the office and one of my female employees came up to me and asked why I was spraying a Dish with "Suade Shoe water repellant"

Eventhough I was using the rain shield, she said it smelled exactly like suade show water repellant. So if anyone has got some in their house it might not hurt to give it a try. Being a guy, I don't wear suade shoes nor would I know what the stuff smelled like! Only a female would know and females don't generally install Dishes.

Anyone care to try it?

Claude Greiner said:
I actually got some in stock at the Dishstore if anyone is intrested. I think its like $20 per can!

Funney thing is that I was spraying it around the office and one of my female employees came up to me and asked why I was spraying a Dish with "Suade Shoe water repellant"

Eventhough I was using the rain shield, she said it smelled exactly like suade show water repellant. So if anyone has got some in their house it might not hurt to give it a try. Being a guy, I don't wear suade shoes nor would I know what the stuff smelled like! Only a female would know and females don't generally install Dishes.

Anyone care to try it?

If it's on your web page it is well hidden.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)