Does Wally support Dish Anywhere?

plp

Original poster
Oct 8, 2023
VA
I have had Dish, using a Wally receiver for 3 years, and always been able to get my channels on Dish Anywhere on my iPad, until today... Now I get a message "Dish Anywhere no longer supports your Sling adapter (HEVC211)." I called Dish support and kept getting told that I couldn't get Dish Anywhere with the Wally, in spite of the fact that I have been using it, and had Dish Anywhere, for the past 3 years. Do I really need to get a Hopper? Color me confused.

I have had Dish, using a Wally receiver for 3 years, and always been able to get my channels on Dish Anywhere on my iPad, until today... Now I get a message "Dish Anywhere no longer supports your Sling adapter (HEVC211)." I called Dish support and kept getting told that I couldn't get Dish Anywhere with the Wally, in spite of the fact that I have been using it, and had Dish Anywhere, for the past 3 years. Do I really need to get a Hopper? Color me confused.
It doesn't have sling built in and the adapters no longer are supported like you are seeing. When's the last time you used it? You can technically use dish anywhere without a receiver, you just won't get live channels. There's still on demand content you can view though.

It doesn't have sling built in and the adapters no longer are supported like you are seeing. When's the last time you used it? You can technically use dish anywhere without a receiver, you just won't get live channels. There's still on demand content you can view though.
Thanks, I literally used it yesterday and watched live channels, which is why I was so confused. But it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and get a Hopper!

Thanks, I literally used it yesterday and watched live channels, which is why I was so confused. But it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and get a Hopper!
Something else is going on. I just checked my dish anywhere with Wally's and all of the cable channels work fine. Maybe try logging out and logging back in? The error message you received is what you would get if you attempted to watch your local broadcast networks.

On the menu guide be sure to select streaming channels only to remove all unavailable channels.

Something else is going on. I just checked my dish anywhere with Wally's and all of the cable channels work fine. Maybe try logging out and logging back in? The error message you received is what you would get if you attempted to watch your local broadcast networks.

On the menu guide be sure to select streaming channels only to remove all unavailable channels.
Thanks, You're right, and it's just getting more bizarre. The menu guide didn't have streaming channels checked so I checked it and it only shows 3 channels (185, 196, and 846)!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Dish was having computer problems but it is reportedly fixed. Try again.
As I responded to another comment, it's just getting more bizarre. Streaming channels wasn't checked on the menu guide so I checked it and it only shows 3 channels (185, 196, and 846)! I tried logging out and back in but still only those 3 channels.

Thanks, You're right, and it's just getting more bizarre. The menu guide didn't have streaming channels checked so I checked it and it only shows 3 channels (185, 196, and 846)!
Those three channels are currently in free preview. Is your subscription still current? Do you receive all of your subscribed channels on the Wally?

Those three channels are currently in free preview. Is your subscription still current? Do you receive all of your subscribed channels on the Wally
Those three channels are currently in free preview. Is your subscription still current? Do you receive all of your subscribed channels on the Wally?
Well, that solves that mystery. And, this morning all of my streaming channels are back as normal. If I'd known Dish had had computer problems then I would have waited a few days to see if it got sorted out. I wish their support person I spoke with had told me about it!

I had the same issue with Dish Anywhere yesterday - only those 3 channels showed up. But now all the streaming channels that were there previously are back. I have a VIP211k, so I am only able to do the streaming channels.