Does Anyone On Dish Sees Food Network And Cooking Channel Letterboxed?

Seems that the Scripps Networks Interactive owned channels are having transmission issues with the HD version of the channels, so as a result a stretched SD version is being used (temporarily)
HGTV HD, DIY HD, Food Network HD, Cooking HD and Travel Channel HD are the affected networks

It is also a very poor PQ aside from being stretched. Does anyone know if this Scripps problem is at originating at the on-air TD from whatever building these channels originate or if the problem is further along the chain like at uplink or at Satellite or fiber? Just curious.

If it is on DTV and Dish(happening here), I'm assuming it's something with their uplinks to the providers.

Yes, they are having a problem with their HD transmissions to everyone, or at least to DISH and Direct.

After this many years, you would think HD would just "work" by now. I was just a small child when black & white went to color, & I don't remember any "we're having trouble sending color so we'll downgrade to b&w until the issue is resolved" :facepalm :popcorn

Reactions: TheKrell
Well I for one am happy that when the HD transmission fails they automatically put the SD transmission on. I just wish they showed it that way in the guide. If it happens while your watching you get a warning screen telling you, but if not you are kind of in the dark.

After this many years, you would think HD would just "work" by now. I was just a small child when black & white went to color, & I don't remember any "we're having trouble sending color so we'll downgrade to b&w until the issue is resolved" :facepalm :popcorn
Back then when they were having trouble, you only saw a test pattern or technical difficulty screen. Would you prefer that?

Back then when they were having trouble, you only saw a test pattern or technical difficulty screen. Would you prefer that?
Unknown.jpg

Reactions: KAB and TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)