Does AT&T Really Want DIRECTV Instead Of Dish Network?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And then watch the rates rise as the business goes down and the jobs go away.

I don't really like Unions but if you were in my shoes or the shoes of any other installer you would feel the same way that something needs to change and the working conditions/pay fixed.

So are you internal or sub or rsp? I thought the pay wasn't bad and there was some sort of bonus or incentive program? I'm sure if something is broken it could be fixed without the need of a union.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Show me one example of big companies merging that have been good for the consumer.Bigger is definitely not better imo.
You have a misunderstanding of why these big companies merge and it has nothing to do with customers, other than the number of them.

Now that's what I call an oxymoron,not you ATT.:D They swooped right in and bought Bellsouth out,and have proceeded to run it into the ground.Why buy something if you have no intention of taking care of it,making it grow etc etc.ATT has a bad history of doing these sort of things.I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

Then the old adage bigger is better comes into play.Show me one example of big companies merging that have been good for the consumer.Bigger is definitely not better imo.

If you can pay lets say 40 billion for a company and recoup that money in 10 years or less, they do not care if the business is going down hill. It is free money after they get their investment back with interest.

No I don't misunderstand a thing.I know how it works.Every time big business wants to merge, they'll tout how good it will be for consumers.As many times as we've been fooled, you'd think the govt. Would learn.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I would need more information before I agree with that.

First, the XM Sirius merger is a success because I'm not sure either would have survived and subscribers are up. There was always some who complained about content and always will be. I have no doubt if I looked into it more I would find other mergers of larger companies that were successful for the consumer. (Wachovia and Wells Fargo combined is better to me with better service, Exxon Mobil has been a success to the U.S economy, no way to tell from a cost to consumer standpoint) Anyone can argue anything, but you can check and see these and others are considered a success for the consumer/U.S.

Second, sometimes success is in advancements in technology that a combined company can produce. Disney Pixar for example.

If confined to cable companies or the Satellite companies I don't see a benefit to the consumer, though if stuck with a particularly bad cable company perhaps a merger where the other company was taking over could be an improvement.

though if stuck with a particularly bad cable company perhaps a merger where the other company was taking over could be an improvement.

Unless the podunk town you live in has a ridiculous contract with the original cable company that gets passed down to successor companies. That's the problem with my town. Of course my town didn't get a sewer system until the late 80's because one of the council member's relatives made his living draining septic tanks.

My area is stuck with the initial cable provider who ran lines into a neighborhood being granted the "franchise" - by whom & for how long I have no idea. I have a cable company 3 blocks from my home that is prohibited from serving my street leaving Comcast as the only alternative. Maddening!

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

I would need more information before I agree with that.

First, the XM Sirius merger is a success because I'm not sure either would have survived and subscribers are up. There was always some who complained about content and always will be. I have no doubt if I looked into it more I would find other mergers of larger companies that were successful for the consumer. (Wachovia and Wells Fargo combined is better to me with better service, Exxon Mobil has been a success to the U.S economy, no way to tell from a cost to consumer standpoint) Anyone can argue anything, but you can check and see these and others are considered a success for the consumer/U.S.

Second, sometimes success is in advancements in technology that a combined company can produce. Disney Pixar for example.

If confined to cable companies or the Satellite companies I don't see a benefit to the consumer, though if stuck with a particularly bad cable company perhaps a merger where the other company was taking over could be an improvement.

I politely disagree Tampa.:) There are many that were never satisfied with the siriusxm merger.And having had direct business with formerly Wachovia/Wells Fargo,lets just say I'll never do business with them again.Same goes for BOA.Exxon Mobil,I sure haven't seen anything good from that either.

I always take the stand that less competition is anti consumer.

I hope one of these buys Dish :D I want their unions to step in and help the working conditions for techs and so on.

Nope...Not happening.
I think that even if such a merger happened the Dish techs would be in the same boat as the Premise Techs that install and service U-verse. Unless there has been a change, those workers are NOT covered by the CWA contract. Also the reason why the pay for U-Verse techs is much lower than the telephone techs.

I mentioned it in the DTV thread but,since it's here too.The last company on the planet that I would want to see buy or merge with Dish,is ATT.Dish or DTV would go straight into the crapper.Worst customer service bar none,and good luck getting something fixed when it's not working.

No lie there.....My parents had AT&T landline service. They had trouble with the phone and internet. Took AT&T three weeks to get a tech to their house.

I think because most of AT&T's customers are already DirecTV subscribers, so buying the less expensive Dish (but could be more expensive if Verizon is left with only Dish to buy and Charlie throws in his spectrum to sweeten the pot and get a higher price) would mean more costs and hassle to move all the AT&T people over to Dish. Also, DirecTV is stronger right now. Then look for AT&T to poach the current Verizon/DirecTV subscribers onto the AT&T wireless.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/07/us-dirctv-att-idUSBREA460YY20140507

While DIRECTV evaluates the AT&T option, speculation still persists that AT&T really wants Dish...

While DirecTV took AT&T's overture serious enough to discuss it at board meetings, it also thinks that AT&T could be more interested in buying another pay TV operator Dish Network Corp (DISH.O) than itself, the person added.

Unlike DirecTV, which does not own wireless spectrum, Dish has amassed billions in wireless airwaves over the past few years under billionaire chairman Charlie Ergen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts