Does AT&T want Dish?

Sarang said:
Well as long as they don't force the lease only sh*t the Cable company does I won't mind as much and as long as the Dish products don't degrade into the shittiness that is SBC PPPoE DSL. Hopefully the VOD will end up Fiber Optic and be the delivery mechanism for local HD-LiL's with SBC in the area. I think it would be bloody brilliant. You would free up more bandwidth for people without SBC in the area for their HD-LiL's and Dish may possibly be able to offer more HD nationals in general because of this or would the Ethernet ports not be able to handle that kind of bandwidth? Someone enlighten me here. Btw Ma Bell WAS a monopoly, however NOW we have Sprint and MCI for phone providers as well as Time Warner Cable.

you won't have MCI for long, Verizon is finalizing the takeover of MCI in the next few weeks! Trust me, I worked at MCI, and they are already giving out the pink slip warnings at MCI's St louis offices.

The reason I moved to Dish in the first place was ATT doing such a lousy job as my cable company. I sure hope this doesn't move past rumor stage.

LOL. No, phone companies are monopolies due to the nature of how they work. If I told "AT&T" that Time Warner was competing with them they'd laugh at me because Time Warner is nonexistent out here, here we have Comcast.

In Vegas it's Sprint and Cox. Two of the worst service providers I've ever heard of in my life.

In some cases the two companies are affiliated or owned by one or the other too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)