Does Autohop require PTAT enabled?

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
Admittedly, I'm not a regular viewer of Network Prime Time TV, so I've never had the PTAT turned on, nor have I paid much attention to it. (which may be why I don't know the answer to this one already)

That said, Hell's Kitchen is one of the few series I ever record on the networks, and it started back up last week. It became the first prime time network program I've recorded since getting the Hopper. I was kinda looking forward to using Autohop for the first time, but when I started to watch the recording off the DVR, I was never prompted if I wanted to skip commercials nor did it try to skip any of them. I made sure I set the timer from the satellite local, rather than via OTA. It was recorded on 3/12 and I tried to watch first time last night 3/18. Is there a time limit to watch with commercials skipped and/or does it require PTAT being enabled in order to use Autohop? Any other ideas?

Yes - PTAT must be enabled in order to take advantage of auto-hop. Also - you need to wait until the next day to watch the recorder prime time shows for the auto-hop to be available.

You just need to set PTAT to record one day on 1 network. Let's say you set it to record CBS on Sunday nights. Any other network show you record during the rest of the week will give you the option to view using Autohop when you view the recording.

Yes, as others have noted, it's required, but only minimally. Turn on PTAT and restrict it to the one night and network that Hell's Kitchen is on. That's all that it takes. Yes, you'll get a few add'l programs recorded that you may not want, but there's no way around that. You can reduce the # of days to keep PTAT shows - I think the minimum is (3) days and then you can even set a timer for Hell's Kitchen so that it is NOT auto-deleted after those (3) days.

10-4...thanks for the info! I thought that might be the case (PTAT being required), but wasn't sure.

MODS: Feel free to move this to the Hopper Zone...that's where I intended to post it originally!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)